Mystic Faerie Tarot

EarthAngel2911

I wonder if the warping has anything to do with humidity levels.... I live in SW FL (VERY humid), and there has been more than one occasion where I've left a book in the car overnight, and in the morning, the pages were so warped I got seasick! :( My decks have been fine, but then I take very special care of all my decks (meaning I never leave them in the car overnight ;) ), and our house is NEVER without the A/C. I'm sure humidity levels aren't the case for everyone's warping experienced on Llewellyn's newest decks, but I'm sure it doesn't help for those of us who have to suffer through it. :neutral:

karen0205

You can bet the humidity has something to do with it. The paper absorbs the moisture and expands and the coating doesn't stretch so the card curls. You could try putting the deck in a flower press and setting it in your OFF oven for a few days. The oven has a dry environment because it's sealed when the door is shut and when you are using it, it removes moisture by running. That should pull the mosture out of it and the flower press should help flatten them out. You could also put absorbent paper between each card (lots of paper!) to help the thing along but the oven should do it. It will pull the moisture out of the sides of the cards, where it got in.

Karen

Astraea Aurora

It's too bad your cards start curving. I'm feeling with you.

I don't bother if my cards curl or not but I realised mine do as well when they lie in the sun, for example if I do a reading on my terrace on a sunny afternoon. They only lie 10 to 15 minutes in the sun while I interpret them but that's enough to make them start it. Some of my decks even curl slightly if they sit on the window seat, in their bags!

Humidity could be the case also, as posted before by other members.

Queen of Pentacle

Is it a tread on the mystic... or on humidity? Began to wonder

moon_shadow

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. I am sorry for such a LATE response!
I live in AZ, so the humidity isn't the factor here. I don't hear anyone else having a problem with this deck, so... it surely isn't "the trend" like we saw on Llewllyn. uhg... I cannot figure out what's causing this lil warping.