Nicoletta Ceccoli's Tarot

karen0205

Llewellyn Coupon for 30% OFF July 23- 26

Llewellyn is having a 30% off sale July 23- 26 and you can use
the coupon on the pre-order. It brings the price down to $16 each
and if you order 2 you will get free shipping.
Amazon pre-order is $20

Here's the coupon: 30FOR2014

The coupon didn't work on their website so I called. They gave
me the price. They hadn't uploaded the coupon information when
I called yet. They said it should be on there now.

Unicorn Bacon

Wound up pre-ordering this... Totally unlike any deck I have or have tried. Jasmine Becket-Griffith's artwork is of a similar style, but I could never quite get into buying any decks she's done the art for (looks a little too cold and plasticy, for me). Ceccoli's bridges that cap, for my personal taste. There's candy and powdery soft demureness frickin' everywhere in the previews I've seen, yet it's still somber. I'm intrigued. :)

Le Fanu

What a triumph!

My local esoteric shop promised me they'd try and get this one from the Lo Scarabeo rep when he came this week and they did!

I have my copy...

It is - if this were possible - infinitely better than I thought it would be. I was already excited about it but when I opened it up in the car, I went through it card by card and reeled excitedly at the whole atmosphere and mood of it.

It is so sweet and eerie and melancholy and delicate. It has this morbid and innocent childhood mood about it which I just LOVE! And yet it feels so contemporary - the artwork really is superb. I know that these are not 78 images designed for tarot and that the artwork came from already existent sources (i.e images that were already pictures) but you really don't feel that when looking at it. It veers very much towards the intuitive - not explicitly RWS - but a definite hint in the Minors, more obvious in the Majors.

I just know that querents will adore seeing this deck laid out on the table. Of course we'll get people finding it too creepy and that's fine etc etc but for those of you that like a little something sinister in your tarot beauty this one will tick ALL the boxes. My partner who is often critical of the bland/comic-book/naive/collaged artwork in modern decks thought this deck was fabulous.

Something I notice immediately and which would normally really bother me is that there is nothing explicitly male in the deck apart from the Emperor. All the kings are little girls. Of course there are toys and monkeys and genderless dolls and if I'd known this it might have bothered me but the deck is so captivating that I'm more than happy with how it is.

Usual LoS cardstock, court and suit symbols, no multi-lingual borders, minimal off-white borders with suit symbols and number and little decorative flourish etc etc

Such a beautiful and touching deck.

Laura Borealis

Another one for the wish list. I'm so glad to hear that the images were well-chosen to fit the card meanings. I love her art, and this looks like a wonderful deck for intuitive reading.

Nina*

YAY, LF... thank you so much for your mini review. I'm so happy to hear this, too.

I'm awaiting my copy (together with the Night Sun) from Alidastore. They should be here this coming week and now I'm even more excited.

CuriousWalker

It's so creepy and cute. I wonder if I could read with it though...

Le Fanu

Here's a snap taken with my phone. The back of the box, the back of the cards and the 5 of Cups, may favourite card.

Attachments

• ceccoli.JPG
    ceccoli.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 242

gregory

My local esoteric shop promised me they'd try and get this one from the Lo Scarabeo rep when he came this week and they did!

I have my copy...

It is - if this were possible - infinitely better than I thought it would be. I was already excited about it but when I opened it up in the car, I went through it card by card and reeled excitedly at the whole atmosphere and mood of it.

It is so sweet and eerie and melancholy and delicate. It has this morbid and innocent childhood mood about it which I just LOVE! And yet it feels so contemporary - the artwork really is superb. I know that these are not 78 images designed for tarot and that the artwork came from already existent sources (i.e images that were already pictures) but you really don't feel that when looking at it. It veers very much towards the intuitive - not explicitly RWS - but a definite hint in the Minors, more obvious in the Majors.

I just know that querents will adore seeing this deck laid out on the table. Of course we'll get people finding it too creepy and that's fine etc etc but for those of you that like a little something sinister in your tarot beauty this one will tick ALL the boxes. My partner who is often critical of the bland/comic-book/naive/collaged artwork in modern decks thought this deck was fabulous.

Something I notice immediately and which would normally really bother me is that there is nothing explicitly male in the deck apart from the Emperor. All the kings are little girls. Of course there are toys and monkeys and genderless dolls and if I'd known this it might have bothered me but the deck is so captivating that I'm more than happy with how it is.

Usual LoS cardstock, court and suit symbols, no multi-lingual borders, minimal off-white borders with suit symbols and number and little decorative flourish etc etc

Such a beautiful and touching deck.
What he said - it's just lovely ! It's so delightfully creepy and disturbing in the most goosebumpy sort of way... })

Laura Borealis

Oh, I love the backs! I thought they were going to have faces on them (as seen here).

This is so much nicer.

Serenia

Originally I wasn't interested in this deck at all, but the more pictures I see, the more I like it! What I'm still wondering about: is the LWB any good?