What deck has dryads as the lovers?

rwcarter

Anyone know if there is a website where you can search for tarot images by card and see the representation of that card from every deck? That would be awesome. I really thought reverse image search would bring up the deck if that was actually from one, but if you're sure that's from an actual deck maybe I just didn't dig far enough.
Most such sites would not be able to be posted at Aeclectic as they would likely violate copyright. One site that has permission to show all of the cards from many decks is http://www.albideuter.de/. You can click on one of the RWS images and it will show you that card from a pretty large number of decks.

rwcarter

The one that is found on the Vampire Diaries fansite is a manipulation of the Lovers card from the Pagan Tarot(I have no idea which one of them though), and it depicts Damon and Bonnie, both characters from The Vampire Diaries.
It's neither LoS's Pagan Tarot by Gina Pace nor the Tarot 2000 - The Pagan Tarot. Those are the two I have called "Pagan Tarot" so I wonder what deck that's based off then....

OaksWhispering

Just to let you know...

The Shadowscapes Tarot page here on Aeclectic showcases the Two of Cups from that deck, and the lovers in that card appear to be rather dryad-like :) Not sure if that will especially appeal to you; I know it's a different card but I thought it was similar enough.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/shadowscapes/

Ooh it's very beautiful, thanks for sharing! Two of cups always ends up being one of my favorite cards in most decks I have seen. May have to add that to my list, although I would really like something like wildwood without the funny looking people.

Twilightfusion

Dryad the Lovers card

I too have finally spent the time researching the image this thread is about. Thus far it does appear the image in question derives from a painting, but im not done digging yet. In the meantime the Lovers card in the Pearls of Wisdom tarot features a dryad lovers intertwined.

OaksWhispering

Very colorful deck. I love the Emperor

Tarotwolf

I thought I had this deck or was looking to buy one with this image. The one I was thinking about was the Tarot de los Antiguos (The Ancient Tarot).

The following excerpt is from Adam Mclean's web blog (the photos didn't copy):

Yesterday the Tarot de los Antiguos (The Ancient Tarot) arrrived in the post. It was created by the Spanish artist Miguel Angel Lopez Melgarajo and published in 2010 by one of the leading esoteric publishers in Spain, based in Barcelona. Born in 1960, Melgarajo had a series of spiritual experiences between 1984-87 which coloured and influenced his artwork. For his Tarot de los Antiguos he took the standard 22 major arcana and added a further 14 to make a grand total of 36 cards. The extra cards are a series of abstract ideas - The Mask, Love, the Cross of Another, Conscience, Power, Freedom, Mystical Revolution, Transcendence, Imagination, Will, Faith, Silence, The Form, The End - The Beginning. Melgarajo is known for his life drawing, so many of the figures in these cards are wonderful nudes.