nostradamous tarot...

starchaser1277

I just ordered this deck, primarily because of curiosity. Anyone have this deck? The pictures are very unusual, I'm curious how the readings may feel.

Le Fanu

Which one? Maybe no responses because nobody knows which one?

The Matthews' "Lost Tarot" edition or the historic Tarot des Centuries?

starchaser1277

Which one? Maybe no responses because nobody knows which one?

The Matthews' "Lost Tarot" edition or the historic Tarot des Centuries?

My appologies its the mathews deck

inanna_tarot

How have you found this deck starchaser1277? I've just ordered it because I am very intrigued by it and its alchemical symbolism etc.

Briar Rose

Stop that! I don't want to add another deck to my list!

Thank you for sharing! This deck, (Matthews) looks like ( as Amazon shows tons of pages in the book, and pictures of the cards, it looks like it reads intuitively. It looks very interesting.

inanna_tarot

So just looking through the cards, reading some of the book and doing a bit of research I can say .....

I love this deck.

It's got so much history, philosophy, magical and mystical development not to mention love and humour. I have never been into the Nostradamus thing at all, but I am deeply fascinated about the man, his methods and his life as well as his spiritual and tarot offerings. Do I think it is a real set of images, guided in design by the man himself as a prototype deck - I'm not sure but the story makes me want it to be.

And I thought this might be a "mistake" purchase ;)

I agree not for everyone, but definitely for me!

Parzival

Nostradamus Tarot

So just looking through the cards, reading some of the book and doing a bit of research I can say .....

I love this deck.

It's got so much history, philosophy, magical and mystical development not to mention love and humour. I have never been into the Nostradamus thing at all, but I am deeply fascinated about the man, his methods and his life as well as his spiritual and tarot offerings. Do I think it is a real set of images, guided in design by the man himself as a prototype deck - I'm not sure but the story makes me want it to be.

Do you still love this deck? I am beginning to appreciate its symbols surrounded by arranged alchemical and astrological frames and backdrops--- not a Renaissance original but a present-day composite of images that speak magically. The book seems rushed through and uneven, but the spreads in the back are really good for a meditative divination. A fantastic history of the deck in the introduction, yet how much history is actual and not fantasy? Maybe these symbols are reality.

Myrrha

I enjoyed the deck for intuitive readings. After a while the papal tiaras and church-y imagery felt alienating to me. The pictures are from a manuscript about Popes. I doubt that it was meant to be a tarot deck.

The imagery is pared down enough that you can look at shapes and visual echoes and direction of movement which gives a dynamism to readings, if you read that way. Still, not a keeper deck for me. It couldn't be more beautiful for someone who appreciates this subject matter more than I do.

Oni

You are talking about the Lost one? I so thought i would love the deck, i brought it brand new opened it up and just simply hated it. The art work just is small and turns me off. and i do not know. I looked at it before i brought it and just is stressful to me.

I maybe if the artwork was bigger i would like that, it would draw your eyes to the cards more.

I have not had the urge to read the book.

I blame no one but myself.

Tried trading it no one wants it so i will just have to give it more time to try to mesh with it.

I brought the Enochian the same day and i love that one still so maybe it sucked up my love energy. he hee

foolMoon

It is a good deck. The accompanying book is very good and essential for the deck.

Let's put it this way, if were there no other deck available in the world, I would be quite happy to live with this deck.