IF there were NO more decks...ever...

greatdane

LOL RavenDarkWind

No, as in no more decks, you couldn't make decks, trade decks, you're somewhere where what you have is all you will EVER have, could you be satisfied? THAT is what the question is.

Luna-Ocean

No more decks meaning all publishing companies get shut down? I'd make 77 card decks for myself. The decks would have different missing cards. I'd switch the decks up to make full decks that are technically not full. Or something like that.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see all of us making our own different styled decks then we could show them all here on AT, But knowing that there was never going to be a single deck ever made again would be horrifying.

greatdane

Horrifying to some, Luna-Ocean....possibly...

a relief to others! :)) Sure, if new decks come out and I really like them, I would probably get them. But honestly, if I could NEVER EVER have another deck of any kind other than the ones I currently have, I would be satisfied. Satiated, even! I am looking forward to a couple Lenormands due out soon, but if I couldn't get them for some reason, my world wouldn't collapse.

RavenDarkWind

No, as in no more decks, you couldn't make decks, trade decks, you're somewhere where what you have is all you will EVER have, could you be satisfied? THAT is what the question is.

In that case, I'd be alright, but I would've preferred to have more occult decks.

greatdane

So RavenDarkWind

If you could grab a few more decks before the Deck Apocalypse, which would they be?

RavenDarkWind

The Hermetic Tarot, JaneEsper's My Little Pony Tarot (assuming that it's finished before the Tarocalypse), Legend of Zelda Tarot (same), Stephen J. Gammell Tarot...

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I would be content and just fine with my current collection, but such a scenario better hold off until the pre-ordered decks arrive. :p

I honestly only want a couple that are OOP and one other tarot deck that's still in print (and the gilded reverie lenormand) so I wouldn't be too bummed or longing for more decks if there was no way to ever obtain one again.

Tibor

I would not only be happy but I would cherish my vast collection even more. I am very very very happy with my collection and have no intention of buying a deck in the future at least for the time being. In fact I am planning to get rid of a lot of my multiple copies of certain decks in my collection. Just like other people pointed out all the decks that have been released in the past 12 months or so are decks that I am not interested in the slightest. Moreover, (and no offence to anyone who likes these decks) but when I see decks like: Ghost Tarot (another one?), Victorian Fairy Tarot and the most outrageous was the Marseille Cats Tarot (or wha\t not) I think to myself where this is all going and what will come next: Marseille Dogs Tarot???? Anyway I do have my eye on the Fountain Tarot and I am sure there are a lot of good artists out there with some unique ideas but my experience with the Tyldwick Tarot (payed a fortune for this deck and cannot connect with it) tells me that these decks are best appreciated through the screen of my laptop.

jema

I quit buying new decks about 5 months ago and feel totally fine with that. I got around 150 decks and want to get to know those better, that is like 3 years for the DoW group here.