Decks to read intuitively

kalliope

But that's not actually intuitive reading - that's stream-of-consciousness reading, and depends heavily on conscious thought.

The second type of reading I mentioned? Yep, I know, but a lot of people seem to use the term to describe that sort (to mean any reading not based on standard meanings, whether based on the images or not), which is why I said it depends on what one means. Didn't mean to add to the confusion.

(ETA: even our own ISG reading group often reads by details in pictures, right? It just seems to be a common way to use the word these days, so I was building on that.)

Grizabella

You might like the Lisa Hunt Fairytale deck. It's got beautiful art work and lots to feed your intuition from in the illustrations. It's borderless and shuffles like a dream.

OaksWhispering

I think Chrysalis is great for that, and oracle decks without keywords if I may mention them (oracle of visions, faeries' oracle, heart of faerie)

But I also want to suggest doing things that will stretch your imagination. Imagination is so great for intuition. Go cloud gazing and see what shapes you see. Look at people in the park, or people you see when you go on walks and make little stories about them in your mind. If you overhear a small part of a conversation in public, make up the rest of it in your mind.
If you see a lost shoe on the ground, ask yourself who that shoe belongs to and how it got there and start making up stories. Going for quiet walks and paying attention to things can be helpful as well because it helps you make connections between things and to things.

agviz

Two that come to mind are the Mary-el and the Voyager. But I must confess that reading solely by intuition comes with difficulty for me.

Belinda

I think Chrysalis is great for that, and oracle decks without keywords if I may mention them (oracle of visions, faeries' oracle, heart of faerie)

But I also want to suggest doing things that will stretch your imagination. Imagination is so great for intuition. Go cloud gazing and see what shapes you see. Look at people in the park, or people you see when you go on walks and make little stories about them in your mind. If you overhear a small part of a conversation in public, make up the rest of it in your mind.

If you see a lost shoe on the ground, ask yourself who that shoe belongs to and how it got there and start making up stories. Going for quiet walks and paying attention to things can be helpful as well because it helps you make connections between things and to things.

I'll be getting the Chrysalis deck delivered by The Post person tomorrow so I look forward to checking it out!

From the decks I have now I find that my Shadowscapes deck is very easy to read. Things just pop out I the cards to say hello an give the meaning, I love it!

foolMoon

TdM pip cards are also ideal for intuitive readings aided by numerology and the 4 elements characters.

Gulliver

What about the Tarot of the Secret Forest?

Parzival

decks to read intuitively

A few are these: Celtic Wisdom, Nostradamus, Grail. But it is always a mix of stream of consciousness, intuitive flash, and symbols and colors interpreted.

rylla

I am not too good at reading intuitively. But the Tarot of the four elements wakes my intuitive side more than any other deck. Don't even know why.

Myrrha

Thank you for these ideas. I am going to try the overheard conversation one at the first opportunity. Another fun thing is to go a flea market and look at objects and make up stories about who treasured them before.

Someone mentioned the Mystical Cats, I found that deck easy to read with but not especially intuitive. the meanings I came up with were always pretty close to the intended meaning.

I am getting the Joie de Vivre Tarot soon, it has some enigmatic aspects and details that make it seem like it will be good for intuitive readings.

RWS clones and close cousins - it is very hard for me to *not* give it the standard meanings. I will try sitting with the card a while and see if anything else comes up.