Crystal Skull collecting

BodhiSeed

This old thread made me smile; I had such an enthusiasm for skulls and gemstones back then. I still do, but not because I think they contain any sort of special powers. I just love them because they're beautiful and part of the earth. I think the hoax's perpetuated by the "caretakers" of famous crystal skulls did much to bring me back to the real world, like this one:
http://archive.archaeology.org/online/features/mitchell_hedges/
My skulls today serve another purpose: to remind me that life is precious and impermanent, so I best enjoy it while I can.

Snowhunter

Those skulls are gorgeous BodhiSeed!
I finally came home with the thumb-sized amethyst skull that I had been eyeing for weeks. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437831055.386909.jpg

BodhiSeed

Those skulls are gorgeous BodhiSeed!
I finally came home with the thumb-sized amethyst skull that I had been eyeing for weeks. View attachment 78015
Thanks Snow :).
What a lovely, pale amethyst; I've never seen one so translucent. That's a nice stone it's sitting on too. :thumbsup:

MoonGypsy

Oooh, lovely Amethyst Skull!

i have a few [mostly very small]...but my very favorite is my Fluorite Skull...i will take a pic in
a minute...It is my largest one, also...

ETA: i just took pics...very difficult! It has a rainbow in the Sahasrara Chakra, which is incredible
to see...but i can't capture it...also it is much more vivid--greens and purples...

Anyway, here are some pics of the skull..but they are not very good, i'm afraid.

i love what Bodhiseed said:
"My skulls today serve another purpose: to remind me that life is precious and impermanent, so I best enjoy it while I can."

i agree...yes. And skulls smile, because they know the great secret--There is no death--only change.

Attachments

• Fluorite Crystal Skull 001.jpg
    Fluorite Crystal Skull 001.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Fluorite Crystal Skull 002.jpg
    Fluorite Crystal Skull 002.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Fluorite Crystal Skull 003.jpg
    Fluorite Crystal Skull 003.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Fluorite Crystal Skull 004.jpg
    Fluorite Crystal Skull 004.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 110

BodhiSeed

Lovely, MoonGypsy. :) The green shade reminds me of the bottles Cokes used to come in. Is that a line of purple going through it too?

MoonGypsy

Lovely, MoonGypsy. :) The green shade reminds me of the bottles Cokes used to come in. Is that a line of purple going through it too?

Hi BodhiSeed! :love: It does look a bit like that color of green in the pic. :D The green actually looks deeper in person, though...;)
yes, it has quite a lot of Purple swirling through it....and i so wish the crown chakra Rainbow
would show up...but i just couldn't get the light and camera to co-operate...
The carving also looks much better in hand...Oh well...:D...My other favorite skull carving is a snowflake obsidian...Magickal!

Tanga

Oh oh - Skulls again.

:) :) :)
Here's my tiny collection. The postcard is of the one in the British Museum here in London,
and the one made of beads - is by a Peyote Indian - compliments of the gift shop in the British Museum.
Large white one is actually a luminous hand wrattle and the small white one is a plastic bead.
The others are: Black one - Obsidian called Bob, Rainbow one - Flourite called Keshet ("Rainbow"), Blue one - Lapis called Kick Ass, tiny green-pink one, erm...Unakite I think, has no name. I also now have a small clear quartz one not in this photo.

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820480558692/

Really enjoying everyones posts with links.

GotH

I've always enjoyed viewing your pics Tanga. Wouldn't it be fun if we could put all our skulls together and have a meeting of the minds? :joke:

Tanga

I've always enjoyed viewing your pics Tanga. Wouldn't it be fun if we could put all our skulls together and have a meeting of the minds? :joke:

:) would be good.

Due to the enabling nature of this thread - I have just bought 2 more off ebay.
One is a small Amber one. I've always wanted an Amber one but they're usually quite pricey.
Will see what this one's like when it arrives... perhaps the photo was misleading! Lol.
And a Cherry Red Quartz one. Been looking for one of them too.

BodhiSeed

the one made of beads - is by a Peyote Indian - compliments of the gift shop in the British Museum.
Wow, this is incredibly beautiful!