The ex spread.

theunseen

My first spread!

Im so new at all this, but I still wanted to try one. My friend is having trouble letting go of her ex, even though he cheated on her, stole her money, accused me of having sex with him, and then ran off with another girl to Idaho, she still loves him (Good greif is love blind), so I wanted to help her out a little, she doesnt really believe in all this, so I havent approached her yet, but I think I will. Maybe, it will actualy be helpful, Id love feedback, good or bad!

---1-------5---
--3---------7--
----4-----8----
-------9-------

(2 crosses 1, and 6 crosses 5)

1-Past, what brought you two together.
2-Foundation, what was keeping you together.
3-Why you stayed with him.
4-Why he stayed with you.
5-Did he really love you.
6-Why you wanted to be with him/what attracted you to him.
7-Was he using you.
8-Dispite his flaws, was he good for you.
9-Why you split up/why things didnt work.

Emily

star-lover

this looks very good - its simple and easy to understand positions and comprehensive

are you going to post the reading on AT if you do it?

i'd love to see what cards come up in each position for your friends situation seeing as we know some of what happened

*edit* just had a think about this again and was wondering how would you go about interpreting the *did he use you* position because its a yes/no question and although the *did he love you* position is one as well that position would be easier i think to interpret with whatever *love* answer came up

im saying i cant think of that many cards that would definitely indicate someone using you - perhaps its more flexible if you ask how did he use you (if you know for a fact you were used I guess)

Flavio

Thanks for sharing, found this spread while looking for to solve some questions regarding a broken friendship, I think it will work with minor modifications, changing all romance for friendship. :)

obsidian_queen

This is me..ever the romantic..inspired by this spread !

You know how when you do readings for people about their exes, 8 out of 10 usually want to know "is he/she coming back" or "is there still a chance for us?" Since I always end up having to pull another card, I thought that a spread like this is great on its own but when I use it I hope you don't mind but I'll be modifying it to suit me since I thought it would be great with one more.. so

I'd like to add one more card...making it a nice even number of 10 :D and completing the heart shape by placing it smack between 1 and 5 in positioning.

My idea is that if cards 5 and 8 are positive then 10 could be the card confirming whether there is a possibility for reunion. Note that with this extra card the person could STILL be returning whether they were "good for you" or not.

If they're negative then 10 could be either be a card of advice or a card indicating what's next for you in love.

Tara2007

I like this spread and intend to try it myself. I agree with the question about "will he/she be coming back into my life?" So, I thought I'd add a 10th card asking what the future holds for this relationship.

Thanks, I'll post my results!

Lunadawn03

Thank You

I just did this spread on me and my ex. We have been together on and off for years and ended, for good, about a month ago. Ten of swords was the card I drew for why we split, so that makes it pretty clear I think lol. But thank you for the spread, it was just what I needed.

sonjasingh

You know how when you do readings for people about their exes, 8 out of 10 usually want to know "is he/she coming back" or "is there still a chance for us?" Since I always end up having to pull another card, I thought that a spread like this is great on its own but when I use it I hope you don't mind but I'll be modifying it to suit me since I thought it would be great with one more.. so

I'd like to add one more card...making it a nice even number of 10 :D and completing the heart shape by placing it smack between 1 and 5 in positioning.

My idea is that if cards 5 and 8 are positive then 10 could be the card confirming whether there is a possibility for reunion. Note that with this extra card the person could STILL be returning whether they were "good for you" or not.

If they're negative then 10 could be either be a card of advice or a card indicating what's next for you in love.

haha Oh yes Love is blind. I found your idea of adding the extra card to this spread, very interesting. Most of time.

I am gonna try it out ;-)

sonjasingh

My first spread!

Im so new at all this, but I still wanted to try one. My friend is having trouble letting go of her ex, even though he cheated on her, stole her money, accused me of having sex with him, and then ran off with another girl to Idaho, she still loves him (Good greif is love blind), so I wanted to help her out a little, she doesnt really believe in all this, so I havent approached her yet, but I think I will. Maybe, it will actualy be helpful, Id love feedback, good or bad!

---1-------5---
--3---------7--
----4-----8----
-------9-------

(2 crosses 1, and 6 crosses 5)

1-Past, what brought you two together.
2-Foundation, what was keeping you together.
3-Why you stayed with him.
4-Why he stayed with you.
5-Did he really love you.
6-Why you wanted to be with him/what attracted you to him.
7-Was he using you.
8-Dispite his flaws, was he good for you.
9-Why you split up/why things didnt work.

Emily

Hi Emily,

well thank you for coming up with a brilliant spread on EX's :D I was so happy with the insight I gained from this reading and would recommend this spread to anyone who has this burning question to know what happened-went wrong and dissect relationships with their ex's.

For anyone wanting to view a sample reading, here's mine - http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2957088#post2957088

Much love

Sonja

stardustraven

want to try this..

im definitely going to try this, im having issues letting go of a boyfriend mentally even though he hurt me really badly. sometimes the heart just doesnt make sense, maybe this will help shed some light on things and help me move on~ thank you!