Conver reconstructions

xaphoo

Not to derail my own topic but - some were mentioning that the CBD could still be purchased from Ben-Dov's website. When I try to do that I get an error from Paypal ("Error Detected: Paypal cannot process the transaction because of a problem with the seller's website"). Navigating the Hebrew version (Google translate!) of Ben-Dov's site does lead to a shop in Israel that sells the deck and delivers to the US, but it is a bit expensive.

I want to know if anyone else has discovered a way to purchase the deck for its standard price in the US.

Terrapin

Not to derail my own topic but - some were mentioning that the CBD could still be purchased from Ben-Dov's website. When I try to do that I get an error from Paypal ("Error Detected: Paypal cannot process the transaction because of a problem with the seller's website"). Navigating the Hebrew version (Google translate!) of Ben-Dov's site does lead to a shop in Israel that sells the deck and delivers to the US, but it is a bit expensive.

I want to know if anyone else has discovered a way to purchase the deck for its standard price in the US.

Yikes. I see what you mean. The CBD is on my short list and I wanted to buy it soon. I wonder what's going on?

Terrapin

The difficulties in obtaining the deck are understandable in light of the tragic circumstances.

Thank you Lee. I did realize he passed away. I hope I didn't seem insensitive. It must be that he was the only person manning his web site and the distribution of his deck.

Lee

Thank you Lee. I did realize he passed away. I hope I didn't seem insensitive. It must be that he was the only person manning his web site and the distribution of his deck.
You didn't seem insensitive, I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the circumstances. It's not unusual for a self-published deck that the deck creator is handling everything by themselves.

3ill.yazi

I have heard that things are in flux, but that his mother ( so sad! ) is working on keeping the operation going. I believe Andrew from Hermit's Lamp said something to that effect. I've seen the deck on eBay.

Michellehihi

Did you consider the Maria de Celia?

Yves Le Marseillais

Nicolas Conver 1760 restitution for mid 2017

Over the last two weeks, for reasons unknown, I've suddenly become deeply interested in the historical Tarot, not as a divinatory device, but as an artifact of late medieval and early modern popular culture, richly clothed in allegorical meanings from the moment of their invention - and beautifully open to modern-day poetics that can populate this world that has been vacated by symbols and angels. By profession I am a historian of the pre-modern period, so meditating on the images of the cards helps me approach their object in both an inner and outer sense.

I have the Flornoy Dodal on the way and also a Soprafino, because I find both of them beautiful. However, I really want a Conver as well, and unfortunately with the passing of Y. Ben-Dov I cannot order his deck. I have been warned away from the Camoin-Jodorowsky deck (though I like Jodorowsky's book), and can't find an affordable Grimaud or Hadar, so I don't know what other historically-minded Conver reconstructions are available.

For someone like me who wants a faithful Conver reconstruction (not a facsimile) for study, meditation, "open reading", and possibly a little game-playing, what is left?

Bonjour Xaphoo,

I will publish a restitution of Nicolas Conver 1760 tarot by mid 2017: Early June if all things goes well.
It may please you...
Just PM me your email adress and name and I will informs you in due time.

Salutations and best wishes for 2017 from Marseille City

Yves

Nemia

I had a mail from Yoav's son. He didn't mention it but i think they continue selling his deck.