• INTJ

Votes: 96 15.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 123 20.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 161 26.6%

• Total voters

huredriel

ISFJ ....... though only 1% for the S ..... so not sure what that is borderline with :confused: ...... mind I think I used to be INFJ so it's only over the last 6 months I reckon it's changed.

NightWing

Myers-Briggs & Tarot

I've been consistently INTJ over the course of many years, but with variations on the strength of those individual indicators from time to time.

The Myers-Briggs has proven a good predictor of many things in my life, including career directions, relationships, etc.

I'm glad to see it has re-surfaced here, though I was a bit jolted to see some types not represented at all out of about 100 who voted. So far, it would seem that most tarot-people are drawn from only a few MB types. Or it might also say something about who is more inclined to respond to online polling regarding tarot and MB types!

It would be great to get another 100 or so respondents and broaden the sample somewhat.

greycats

:bugeyed: Not a lot of extroverts, are there?

wayseer

Where are an introverted lot it seems - I'm rather new to the board but have known I was an INFP for some 20 years which sort of explained why I did not fit in with the rest of society.

So - how does all this effect the cards - no doubt we might be more open to the subtle phenomena and personal vibes - but are the cards in turn effected by our presence - and how?

Indigo Rose

wayseer said:
.....So - how does all this effect the cards - no doubt we might be more open to the subtle phenomena and personal vibes - but are the cards in turn effected by our presence - and how?

This is a good question.
As for the Tarot, maybe being introverted helps people tune in more to the cards...not so many things to take your mind off of what you're doing?

I imagine introversion is most common here because it is easier for introverts to communicate via the Net....it fills a social need without putting us in the position of being physically with people. For me, I worked in nursing for 12 years; which had me with people on an intimate level as a way of life. This drained me; especially with the heaviness of the content of our interactions...and now I'm a Hermit.

The curious thing for me is how much more tuned in I feel to people's vibes now. I've noticed that I seem to feel the energies coming off others with even greater intensity. It's odd this has increased, not decreased, with a Hermit lifestyle. Although, maybe it's like when I first moved to L.A. after living in a small town for several years...or when I would come home to Chicago, after staying the summer on my grandma's farm. When you first come back into the hustle of city life, it is wildly distracting. There is so much to take in that you have to learn to tune out...and in doing so, perhaps you tune out more than one wants to...becoming numb or unaware. Although for my husband he has been able to relax and not be so "on" in a quieter environment. Being from L.A. he was always on his guard and not trusting people.

Perhaps that is why people who are naturally introverted and become Tarot readers(or caregivers...or any public servant) can suffer terrible burn-out; we need time to unplug from the energy of others and gather our own strength/sanity.

Peace
:heart:

MCsea

ENTJ - 'field marshal' here..

great Poll..

MARINA

Amaris

Isfp

I'm an ISFP -- this time, anyway! I've not taken the test for a couple of years, and I've changed drastically since I last took it (I'm BiPolar and I'm on some pretty heavy psych meds). I don't remember what my last result was, but this wasn't it. I was much more extroverted last time ... and not on my medication, I'm sure! LOL!

sweet_intuition

Your Type is

INFP

Introverted - 56%

Intuitive - 50 %

Feeling - 50 %

Perceiving - 33 %

Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.

Grizabella

"Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and investigative and attentive in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. ~~~Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.~~~ ( I added the little curlicues to emphasize the 1% statement they made. )

Healers seek unity in their lives, unity of body and mind, emotions and intellect, perhaps because they are likely to have a sense of inner division threaded through their lives, which comes from their often unhappy childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood, which, unfortunately, is discouraged or even punished by many parents. In a practical-minded family, required by their parents to be sociable and industrious in concrete ways, and also given down-to-earth siblings who conform to these parental expectations, Healers come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. Other types usually shrug off parental expectations that do not fit them, but not the Healers. Wishing to please their parents and siblings, but not knowing quite how to do it, they try to hide their differences, believing they are bad to be so fanciful, so unlike their more solid brothers and sisters. They wonder, some of them for the rest of their lives, whether they are OK. They are quite OK, just different from the rest of their family-swans reared in a family of ducks. Even so, to realize and really believe this is not easy for them. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, Healers can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. Healers are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with the profane, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when Healers believe they have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the Healer, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public."

It's really amazing how accurate this test is, isn't it?

And coming to believe there was evil in me----whew! How true for me! Given my fanatical Pentecostal family, boy did this one do a number on me! I was said to have demons and told I was going to hell all my life and many of my family probably still believe it. I don't think that should be done to anyone. That last paragraph chokes me up a little. It's horrible to grow up that way in an abusive family like I did.

And do you know how many thousands of times in my life I've been told "Oh, don't be so idealistic!" ROFL :p I didn't know how to be anything else! But I didn't know what "idealistic" was anyway.