The 'Just drawing a card...' problem.

Edward Tarot Hands

I just draw a card and see what message it gives me, I may 'look up' a meaning if my creative inspiration is a bit dry then I watch out through the day where the card or it's symbolism may turn up.
For example one day I drew The Hermit. Later that day as I was walking in the park with my dog I saw a homeless guy walking along loaded with bags. Instead of just seeing him as a homeless guy I thought maybe he is like a hermit. Maybe he has spent a lot of time meditating on life and could teach me a few things. Unfortunately at the time I didn't approach him to speak to him. A missed opportunity perhaps?
Obviously this is a very superficial meaning to the card but I'm sure you catch my drift.

EmpyreanKnight

When I perform a daily (or more accurately: previous-nightly) draw, I just see it as a portent of the events that may come, people I may encounter, or just the general tenor of the next day. At the end of that day, I try to see how the drawn card did relate to anything that happened. I think it's also a great eay to bond with your deck.