Fortune Teller Experience

SunChariot

First of all if you are getting a reading, you have to be careful what you are asking about. Do you really want to know about this area? If you do ask about it, you could hear horrible news that you have to live with, it's not always good news that will make you feel happy. If you ask about a relationship, you could hear the bad news.

This is true as well. I find people come to me wanting to hear something positive, but don't always stop to think if they can handle it if an answer they don't want comes up.

As a reader, I have to sometimes actually stop them and make them think about it. I had a querent once whose son-in-law was about to have brain surgery in a month's time. She wanted to me ask if he would survive the surgery.

I had to ask her to stop and think. In a case like this I tell the querent I can do the reading if they want, BUT if I did it the truth will come up. I don't know what that will be in advance but if I ask the truth will come up. I had to then ask her if she were SURE she wanted to know a month in advance.

I had to tell her that I don't know what the answer will be before I do the reading but that IF the worst were to come up would it really help her and make her feel better (make her life better in any way) to know this in advance.

She immediately said "No, no no!. I do not want the reading on that question."

Sometimes people so want to hear something reassuring that it doesn't occur to them that something else may come up, or if they would be able to handle it if it does.

That, I think, is part of the reader's responsibiltiy. If there is any doubt, then I try point out to the querent exactly what they are asking and if they are sure they are ready to handle any answer that may come up. Sometimes people don't think of that first. It can be good to make them see it first. THEN if they are sure they feel ready and can handle anything that may come up, only if they are sure, then I will do the reading.

Babs

Alta

Along the line what Babs posted above: if one of the possible answers to a question is something that you could not bear to hear, then don't ask.

Pineapple88

Our daughter is also highly psychic and has medium skills too, and my oldest granddaughter seems to have the ability as well. Sadly though, she is not encouraged to develop it and instead they squash it. My son in law is not ready for all this and terrified of it, as it also runs in his family. He is also a psychic-medium, just terrified of it. He doesn't like the idea of spirits in his home.

I often have my dad and one aunt and my maternal gm visit me. Dad loves to tell me what is going on with my mother--who is still alive and lives far away from me. My mother calls him "the tattle-tale spirit", as he often comes and tells me when she is sick and hiding it from us or if she has fallen and she doesn't tell us that either. :laugh:

How does one girl in a family of psychic mediums find a boy in another family filled with the same gene? That's really cool. To be honest, if I had that gift I would be terrified. I like to live in oblivion and not know. I don't think I could take it. All the best to your family. In addition, you can reach your family members who have passed on. Today, I found out my uncle died of cancer and at the same time I know that he isn't truly gone because of people who have that ability to speak with their loved ones on the other side. I wish he could come to me in my dreams and we can share a laugh and hug. Almost as a temporary goodbye.

How does your father come to you? In a dream, or you hear him? Plus, has he ever mentioned what it's like where he is?

Pineapple88

I had to ask her to stop and think. In a case like this I tell the querent I can do the reading if they want, BUT if I did it the truth will come up. I don't know what that will be in advance but if I ask the truth will come up. I had to then ask her if she were SURE she wanted to know a month in advance.

I like your approach. I was in with the psychic for 1 hour and how many questions can you have in an hour. You can talk for an hour about your love and career, but essentially I was interested in knowing about my career/job because I graduated from school and I had high hopes, as most do graduates, so I wanted guidance mostly with my career. Also, I asked about my love life because the first psychic I was introduced to was by my aunt. Long story short, I had a back and forth thing with my boyfriend, so the psychic said to my aunt that's he's the one for me and we're good together. Later, I went to the same psychic with my friend and that same psychic said to me he's not the guy for you. That made me really confused. I wanted to get a confirmation and a second psychic said a better man is suited for me, but he lives oversea. How convenient lol

Along the line what Babs posted above: if one of the possible answers to a question is something that you could not bear to hear, then don't ask.

I understand where SunChariot and Alta are coming from, but some topics came up where I didn't even ask the questions. The psychic just randomly told me information without my consent. I told her I only wanted to hear things that aren't so bad for me to know.

Pineapple88

There are some excellent readers out there, so keep that in mind.

DND :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad you had an overall positive reading.
At 16 I wanted to see a reader, but I didn't have the money too. In a way, I'm happy I wasn't exposed to that early on because if I had to feel the same way as a 20 something year old. I don't know if I'd feel hopeful in my future. In a way it can sometimes take away your innocence.

DownUnderNZer

Well, the woman waiting with me was told 5 years before that one of her teenage girls would be in a car accident and paralyzed for life. Confined to a wheel chair.

So, you can imagine how nervous and scared I was! :bugeyed:

But she was also told that once her daughter got over the depression and loss of the use of her legs she would actually turn it around and be a great asset to the paraplegic community. As in helping others come to terms with it and so forth.

This woman watched her oldest daughter like a hawk as she was into going out to the movies and parties with her friend at the time as a 16 year old. She really thought her oldest one was going to be in the accident. It turned out to be the 13 year old in a car with her friends on a way to sports practice I think.

For years, as a reader myself (not professional), I would not read anyone under the age of 18 as I thought "too impressionable". Nowadays I am more relaxed about it, but I do have certain rules and will not read for just anyone regardless of age.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad you had an overall positive reading.
At 16 I wanted to see a reader, but I didn't have the money too. In a way, I'm happy I wasn't exposed to that early on because if I had to feel the same way as a 20 something year old. I don't know if I'd feel hopeful in my future. In a way it can sometimes take away your innocence.

Pineapple88

Well, the woman waiting with me was told 5 years before that one of her teenage girls would be in a car accident and paralyzed for life. Confined to a wheel chair.

So, you can imagine how nervous and scared I was! :bugeyed:

But she was also told that once her daughter got over the depression and loss of the use of her legs she would actually turn it around and be a great asset to the paraplegic community. As in helping others come to terms with it and so forth.

This woman watched her oldest daughter like a hawk as she was into going out to the movies and parties with her friend at the time as a 16 year old. She really thought her oldest one was going to be in the accident. It turned out to be the 13 year old in a car with her friends on a way to sports practice I think.

For years, as a reader myself (not professional), I would not read anyone under the age of 18 as I thought "too impressionable". Nowadays I am more relaxed about it, but I do have certain rules and will not read for just anyone regardless of age.

That was a very touching story. I can only imagine at age 13 your life drastically changing and being confined to a wheel chair. I wish the best for that person as for everyone else. You were brave enough to see the psychic after hearing that because I would of ran for the hills.

I don't think people should know everything because it takes away from living your life without paranoia.

celticnoodle

How does one girl in a family of psychic mediums find a boy in another family filled with the same gene? That's really cool. To be honest, if I had that gift I would be terrified. I like to live in oblivion and not know. I don't think I could take it. All the best to your family. In addition, you can reach your family members who have passed on. Today, I found out my uncle died of cancer and at the same time I know that he isn't truly gone because of people who have that ability to speak with their loved ones on the other side. I wish he could come to me in my dreams and we can share a laugh and hug. Almost as a temporary goodbye.

his maternal gm was also psychic and it ran in her family. I remember her sharing with me that she once went to a psychic who didn't know her at all. The woman told her all kinds of things that was 100% accurate and also gave her a past life reading. She was told that she was a shaman in a past life and should pursue healing in this current life because she would be really good as a healer. However, she wasn't interested in pursuing it at all and didn't.

I do believe that her daughter, (my sil's mom) is psychic too--but didn't understand it and pushes it away. She has a lot of issues--and quite honestly i think much of it is due to her having abilities that she is terrified of and hides. but, that is another story I don't need to go into. My sil has had many psychic experiences incl. mediumship abilities and he is also an empath--but he doesn't want anything to do w/this stuff either, as it scares him. I can't tell you how many times he has called home to our daughter asking about her or the kids or something, because he KNEW they were sick/hurt, etc. And, esp. with the daughter when they were first married and when she was pregnant. My dau would call me and share it and we'd laugh because I'd tell him he is an empath, but he'd shut it all down.

Quite honestly, I think all people are psychic and could develop their abilities to be VERY psychic. I also feel that all people can learn also to be a medium. but most disagree w/me.

How does your father come to you? In a dream, or you hear him? Plus, has he ever mentioned what it's like where he is?
he has appeared to me mostly in dreams, but he also comes to me in meditation and when I am fully awake and doing "normal" things. He use to come to me a lot when my mom was sick or hurt, because mom would hide these things from us kids, because she was terrified we'd stick her in a home or something. My sister lives across the street from her, so dad would appear to me and tell me what happened and I'd call my sister and she'd go over to check on mom. Once, mom had fallen and had pulled a heavy piece of furniture over on top of her as well. It actually only landed on her leg--and she was able to get out from under it and then put the furniture back up into its place again.

She was badly black & blue--(she actually had a hairline fracture in her leg bone--but she didn't knwo this!) and she hid it for days, till daddy came to me and told me exactly what happened and what leg. So, I c. sis & she went over and demanded to see moms leg, and it was still all black andblue & swollen. it had been a few days to a week by this time! Sis took her to the ER, xrays showed a hairline fracture and they just told my mom to not put weight on the leg for awhile as it was beginnig to heal and they felt just keeping off it was good enough rather then a cast. *shrugs* Many times like this dad alerted me to it--and it was then mom began to call him the "Tattle tale spirit". :laugh:

When spirits come to me, they appear to me like they looked in life, but I can see through them as well. Though I have also had spirits come to me looking very real--and I can't see throughthem as well as usually. I often have spirits come to me when I'm in the shower--the one time its really a bit annoying. There I am buck naked and they walk right in with me! :bugeyed: Happens too much for me. I sometimes will talk to any spirits lingering out there, waiting to come to me before I take a shower--but its the running water that helps them, so they still wait...:mad:

If you wish to make contact w/your uncle, talk to him - A LOT, whether out loud or in your head. He'll hear it telepathically. Ask him to come to you or to send you a sign.

When my last uncle passed, as we were sitting in the funeral parlor for the prayer service, I asked him to give me a sign that he was there. (spirits are almost ALWAYS at their funeral service) Strange and funny things began to happen, but I was persistent that he give me something that I would know for sure it was HIM. As we drove to the cemetery, a car not with the funeral procession was passing a lot of the funeral cars in the other lane at a very high rate of speed. My husband was driving and noted it, so I turned around to see him coming. He was speeding like crazy - 10, 20 cars till he got up next to us. My husband slowed down even more, and he cut in front of us till he turned off about 1/4 mile up the road. His license plate read "GO BILL!" and, my Uncles name was "Bill". :D

THAT was my sign it was indeed him!

the funny thing is that my Uncle Bill was a state cop and a detective, so he had many state police officers leading and following up the long line of funeral cars - IN THE STATE POLICE CAR! I can't believe that this stupid driver would take such a chance speeding w/all these state cop cars around!

Try it at your uncles prayer service and funeral. And, my condolences to you and your Uncles family and friends. May he R.I.P.

Pineapple88

She was told that she was a shaman in a past life and should pursue healing in this current life because she would be really good as a healer. However, she wasn't interested in pursuing it at all and didn't.

Really cool past life to have. I went to the Reading Exchange forum, apologies I forget the name of the person who was doing the readings on AT, and they were doing a Past Life reading and I was told I was a male tax collector who wasn't very liked by the community because I would collect their money and splurge on my wife. Sounds like a very sad life I had. It was a fun reading, but if your daughter has the ability to heal someone it's truly a gift.

I love how your mom nicknamed your dad the "tattle tale spirit" they sound like they were a cute couple.

When spirits come to me, they appear to me like they looked in life, but I can see through them as well. Though I have also had spirits come to me looking very real--and I can't see throughthem as well as usually. I often have spirits come to me when I'm in the shower--the one time its really a bit annoying. There I am buck naked and they walk right in with me! :bugeyed: Happens too much for me. I sometimes will talk to any spirits lingering out there, waiting to come to me before I take a shower--but its the running water that helps them, so they still wait...:mad:

Sooo spirits are perverts!! Don't you have a heart attack. Some stranger coming into a very vulnerable and personal time. I would yell at them. It sounds like this is normal to you. Do they talk to you in the shower and keep you company. Maybe they can help reach that hard spot to clean. That would be cool to have Elvis in the shower with you. I never knew spirits like the sound of running water.

If you wish to make contact w/your uncle, talk to him - A LOT, whether out loud or in your head. He'll hear it telepathically. Ask him to come to you or to send you a sign

Try it at your uncles prayer service and funeral. And, my condolences to you and your Uncles family and friends. May he R.I.P

Thank you!!! I always have him in my thoughts and I keep rewinding the film of memories I have of him in my head. I keep telling him in my mind that I love him.

When my last uncle passed, as we were sitting in the funeral parlor for the prayer service, I asked him to give me a sign that he was there. (spirits are almost ALWAYS at their funeral service) Strange and funny things began to happen, but I was persistent that he give me something that I would know for sure it was HIM. As we drove to the cemetery, a car not with the funeral procession was passing a lot of the funeral cars in the other lane at a very high rate of speed. My husband was driving and noted it, so I turned around to see him coming. He was speeding like crazy - 10, 20 cars till he got up next to us. My husband slowed down even more, and he cut in front of us till he turned off about 1/4 mile up the road. His license plate read "GO BILL!" and, my Uncles name was "Bill". :D

THAT was my sign it was indeed him!

the funny thing is that my Uncle Bill was a state cop and a detective, so he had many state police officers leading and following up the long line of funeral cars - IN THE STATE POLICE CAR! I can't believe that this stupid driver would take such a chance speeding w/all these state cop cars around!.

How Ironic!!!! I think with signs I tend to be oblivion to them. I will try, thank you for your advice.

I also wanted to ask you that I had these strange experience before.
First time, I saw a black mist in my backyard and I thought it was a cluster of flies together, but it disappeared after 2 seconds.

Second, this happened recently, someone jumped on my bed and sat on my legs in the middle of the night. I thought it was my mom or brother playing a prank on me while I was sleeping. When I opened my eyes, still half asleep, it looked like an old photograph of an adult jumping on my bed like a kid.

This happened to me twice before when I slept over my boyfriends house. I woke up and I saw an old photograph of a woman giving me high five, so I high fived her back and went back to sleep lol I did it to shoo her away.

Pineapple88

I'm sorry you had this bad experience Pineapple :( I think ethically it's bad for a reader to leave someone feeling worse than when they went in! The whole idea is to give people solutions and different choices and perspectives to deal with whatever is coming their way. Not to leave people feeling scared and upset with what they say.

Thanks danieljuk, I don't think I will go to another professional tarot reader. I like the readings I get from AT.