Astrological Placement Spread

TaureanWitch

There are some placements in my birth chart that I've been having a hard time understanding within myself. After months and months of feeling like I don't completely understand how they apply to me and my life, I've decided to turn to tarot.

I created this spread weeks ago and since then have been using it to not only better understand myself and how the planets affect me, but to understand people I love as well. I have found it very insightful and helpful. I will list other ways the spread is helpful below

Astro_Placement_Spread.jpg

Lets use my sun placement as an example. Sun in Taurus in the 12th house.

1. This card represents how the planet in that sign manifests in you.
(ex: Sun in Taurus)

2. This card represents how the planet in that house manifests in you.
(ex: Sun in the 12th house)

3. This card represents the sign quality that this planet brings out the most in you.
(ex: What Taurean quality does the Sun bring out most in the querent)

4. This card represents the sign quality that this planet brings out the least in you.
(ex: What Taurean quality does the Sun bring out least in the querent.
You may find a card that you feel greatly applies to you here. That is fine. This card is not saying that you do not have this quality, but that the planet in this sign is not the reason you have it. Or if you do all of your placements and keep seeing a theme here, the cards are telling you that this is a quality that in general you might lack. This may be good or bad, depending, and could give you new insight and something to work on)

5. This card represents the house quality that this planet brings out the most in you.
(ex: What 12th house quality does the Sun bring out most in the querent)

6. This card represents the house quality that this planet brings out the least in you.
(ex: What 12th quality does the Sun bring out least in the querent.)

7. This card represents what you are most aware of in yourself from this placement.
(ex: What the querent realizes most strongly about their self due to their Sun in Taurus in the 12th)

8. This card represents what you are least aware of in yourself from this placement.
(ex: What the querent realizes least of all about their self due to their Sun in Taurus in the 12th, but is indeed a quality or message within them)

Now to use my Sun in Taurus in the 12th as a fleshed out example, and how it has helped me interpret things

1. Hierophant
Interestingly enough, the Hierophant is associated with the Taurus in general. I get the Hierophant a lot in readings when I'm inquiring about myself and how others see me. This card being here has simply further confirmed exactly how much the Hierophant manifests in me, and my sun being in Taurus is responsible.

2. 8 of Swords
I believe anyone with 12th house placements will be able to agree that any 12th house placement comes with difficulties very unique from the other houses. The sun is the identity, but the 12th house is the house of the hidden and unknown. 8 of swords is all about interference and feeling stuck, for me. And I believe this manifests astrologically in me when I'm struggling with my identity, which happens quite often in me.

3. 7 of Pentacles
Working to reap the benefits, patience, harvest, creating stability. I can completely agree that my Sun in Taurus brings out this very Taurean quality out of me. Since I was little, I've begun "planting seeds" for my future, planning things for myself, creating goals to gain stability. This has been a strong aspect of myself that has greatly influenced my life and where I am now in life.

4. 9 of swords
I feel that the 9 of swords applies to me prevalently in life, but my Sun in Taurus is not the reason.

5. Page of Wands
I was quite shocked to see the Page of Wands here. But after some analysis, I found it very enlightening. The 12th house is the Pisces house, and Pisces is often associated with inspiration, creativity, and feeling. My sun being in the 12th house has brought this out quite significantly in me, as I am a lover of art, music, literature, and discovery. The Page of Wands is all about inspiration, desire, ideas, journey, and creativity. I feel like I can relate more to the Page of Wands now, thanks to this spread.

6. Empress
In some ways, I feel that the Empress applies to me. But it is not due to my sun in the 12th.

7. Hermit
Yes, I am very very aware of my hermit-like qualities due to my Sun in Taurus in the 12th. Taureans are very much homebodies, and sometimes we just need to be left alone for a bit. Put that sun in Taurus in the 12th and you flavor that aspect with the need for spiritual recharging, discovery, and growth.

8. 6 of cups
I'm going to need to build more of a relationship with this card, as it hasn't come up in many readings of mine. So I'm very fascinated to find out that it strongly applies to me in a way that I am not currently aware of, and it has to do with my sun in Taurus in the 12th! More discovery to be made, for sure. From what I do know about this card, it has a lot to do with childhood memories, reconciliation, and roots. I will definitely do some more analysis!

I Hope this spread helps you! Do all the planetary placements in your birth chart and find out some things about yourself that you didn't realize before! Ask yourself how you #1 card from your sun placement relates or conflicts with your #1 card in your moon placement spread! Mix and match, and have fun understanding yourself (or other people) more!

This can also be useful in daily astrological analysis.

Example: Today Venus is conjunct Mars. My #1 card in my Venus placement spread was King of Pentacles, and my #1 card in my Mars spread was 5 of Wands. How can the King of Pentacles and the 5 of Wands have conflict with each other, and how can I resolve it?

I Sunshine

I find your spread quite interesting and will probably give it a try. It is funny how astrology and tarot can both be used for self discovery. I think this spread will help me use them together! Thank you!

Nosgo

Thank you a lot for this great spread! I'm gonne use it to understand some natal chart placements that I struggle to understand deeply.

I'm sure your Scorpio Moon has its part of responsability when creating such a spread ahah... (yeah Scorpio Moon here as well :D)

Hemera

Thank you for this spread TaureanWitch. I have added this spread to our Index (post #3, Zodiac Spreads).