The World//9 & 4 of Cups - How someone sees you

Natibel

Hi Everyone,

I have a complicated relationship reading that I am having trouble with.

For starters, the World card keeps appearing when I ask about this particular person, in varied parts to the spreads - it may be an outcome, advice, how this person reveals themself, and I am struggling to understand it as I know that this is a message that I am obviously not getting...hence why I've tried a few spreads. This is about a person who lives overseas and began something with me while I was over there, and has now completely shut me out. While I'm not sure if I'm interested in a romantic relationship with them, I still want a relationship with them as we were very good friends and do not understand what has happened. I will be returning overseas in the next month.

For the "how he sees me", I pulled the 9 of cups clarified by the 4 cups.
I have interpreted this to mean that I am someone that he believes he COULD be happy with and have "wished" for all along, however, he is at this time closing himself off to the opportunity to re evaluate his situation.

Any insight would be most welcomed.

Bel xx

Mythic Dude

I'm just a beginner so what do I know. BUT - I saw this and this came up for me:

The impression I get with The World is always one of "journey completed" and "enlightenment." To me this evokes the feeling that whatever the current situation of this relationship may be, this person clearly is important to your life journey in a significant way. If you have a way to reach out to this person in a natural and organic way, I would consider it. But don't force it. The World for me always seems to remind me to allow nature to take its course. In other words, don't push it if the reconnection doesn't happen naturally. Trust yourself.

Hope this helps!

Grizabella

The 4 of Cups doesn't add clarity to the 9 of Cups but it can provide some more information about the question you asked.

The 9 of Cups could mean he's seeing you as being quite self-sufficient and self-confident, but that's not what he wants in a partner, hence he's rejecting the opportunity to have a relationship with you. The 9 of Cups isn't always the "wishes granted" card. It's also a card of things having run their course.

Oh, forgot the World. This can also mean the end of something as in "the ends of the earth".

PAMUYA

How he sees you, World, 9 of cups, 4 of cups: world is the cycle has ended, as good as its going to get, 9 of cups, someone who is happy and shares what the have, 4 of cups not interested/bored. He sees you as someone he had a good time with, but not keeping his interest.

Thirteen

For the "how he sees me", I pulled the 9 of cups clarified by the 4 cups
You had a nice 9 of Cups right there and you had to go and clarify it ;) Clarifying, for the most part, tends to muddy the waters rather than doing what it says it's going to do—clarify. Consider: you added the 9/Cups and the 4/Cups together as if they were a sentence (He wishes for me but...). But that's not what a clarifier does. A clarifier is for when you get a card and you go, "Now what the heck does that mean?" So you say to the cards, "I didn't understand you, can you say that again?"

It seems you DID understand the 9/Cups. So why did you put down another card? As you did, we now have to sift through and see what they have in common. Because whatever the tarot told you with the 9/Cups, it told you that *same thing* again in the 4/Cups.

As Griz pointed out, 9/Cups doesn't always mean "wish," and given the 4/Cups, it probably doesn't mean that in this context. However, when it does mean "wish," it's really not a genie giving you what you want like a new car. It's better translated as "satisfaction." The card shows a man with nine cups, and he looks quite satisfied (some view him as looking smug). It's like some collector who finally got the 9th cup. At last, his collection is complete.

But notice that he's not sharing it with anyone. 9's are often about the individual, their personal completeness. And that's where the 4/Cups comes in. In the 4/Cups the person is also not sharing himself with anyone. He is thinking on all he has, and the implication is that he's bored with it. His happiness is all he's concerned about, not anyone else's.

So that gives us a pretty good idea on what the two have in common. Concern for one's own satisfaction and happiness, not concern for anyone else's. This would suggest to me that he either has no feelings for you, or he feels you will not give him what he wants—which might be that 9th cup to complete the collection (in 4/Cups, that 4th cup the man is envisioning before him, making him ignore the other three).

Does that sound right?

Natibel

see below xx

bluelagune

The question was how he sees you. Please remember that people see others through their own filter and sometimes the filter is not always working right... what they see might not be true.

He sees you as: The world/9 cups/4 cups
to me these cards look like a woman with Aries moon. Look at Angelina J. Popular. The way she caries herself, like she is fully satisfied with no additional need of anything or anyone else. How ever that is only our perseption as we do not see the everyday challenges she goes through. If you never initiate contact and always wait for him to approach you. This is what he sees.
if however, you have been making most of the effort of keeping in contact and always first to say hi. Then I would agree with your opinion of him that he has no interest in you.

PS please dont jump into conclusions how someone thinks, or is or will be. Cards are here for guidence but you still have a free will.

Natibel

Thank you on your thoughts everyone.

You have all really helped with what I already knew...

Mythic Dude, your interpretation of him being an important part of my lifes journey, resonated with me as I feel the same way. This person is not someone I would usually be attracted to - physically & mentally, however, he had a way of making me feel safe and helped me through a very tough time. I still feel very connected to him and having a hard time letting go.

Grizabella & Pamuya, I think I already knew that the relationship had run it's course, so your interpretations are spot on. I still would have hoped of at least a friendship because, i know a real romantic relationship was not viable... maybe asking too much?

Thirteen, you hit the nail on the head. WHY did I go and clarify everything!! One of my biggest problems in life! Learning to trust my own gut instinct. I really did get the feeling that he is much more concerned with himself, and probably will continue to be... which is sad, because something holds him back. Now having seen Bluelagune's post, I am a little confused with the responses. Because I did in fact say this is "how he sees me"... Maybe he does see me as someone who is self sufficient etc, but I'm pretty sure that I did show him that I needed/wanted him there, so I'm leaning more toward the fact that he's not interested anymore. It was a bizarre situation, everything was fine one minute and we were mutual in contact and the next minute, he was responsive with one liners and I was making the contact it felt like. I actually didn't contact him for a few days and didn't hear from him, so I decided that he really isn't into me. In saying that I feel like I need to give him space and like mythic Dude says, don't force it.

I also drew Wheel of fortune as how he regards the relationship, and Page of pentacles as his desires for me... the world in this case was how he reveals himself to me... I used the awesome Useful Relationship Spread on http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=23670

xx bel xx

Natibel

AND of course... i literally just heard from him.

xx