Which cards say" nope, no romantic feelings buddy"

SirRushing

I was answering the title of the thread "nope, no romantic feelings buddy" not specifically addressing cards that mean indifference....

The Fool is footloose and fancy free and isn't one to settle down with any one person. That doesn't necessarily mean the Fool doesn't have romantic feelings, but usually when one asks about romance, they're talking about reciprocal romantic feelings, relationship, etc. I don't see the Fool having such feelings.

The Moon can mean illusion, fantasy or delusion, which could just as easily be speaking about the person who asked the question as the other person.

The Tower is a structure that's built on a false foundation that needs to come down before a new structure on a solid foundation can be erected. The false foundation would be that the person has romantic feelings for the Querent.

The Chariot can also mean a lack of progress or no movement (depending on whether the chariot is actually moving or not). Lack of movement would suggest no romantic feelings.

Rodney

I have some opposing thoughts on some cards, but I see where you are coming from.

Fool
-------
Fool = Non-serious flirty love. It is the Major Arcana equivalent to Knight Wands, of fun, quick, sex for sex sake type of romance. Fool will have a romantic relationship with you, but it won't be the kind that ends in marriage.

Also, Fool = adventurer and risk taker with immature thoughts. Most likely a person who wants you to take romantic or sexual risks like have hot sex without worrying about wearing sexual protection or birth control. Or if he is a bad boy, and you are such a good girl who dislike bad boys because they are too risky and don't bring stability in the relationship...the Fool as the bad boy wants you to take risks in being with him, regardless of your better judgement.

You make Fool sound like the Hermit as for "ignoring" people, because he got too much of a life to want to be with you. The Fool won't ignore you, he will just give you the kind of romance that is typically unstable and full of thrill and feelings of danger.

Quite frankly, the Fool is so adventurous that he probably has MANY lovers, because he just can't settle down for one. He loves everybody in a bisexual and/or polygamous fashion.

Moon
---------

Moon makes since as you being delusional for thinking that your love interest is even interested in you at all. For example, a gay man romantically pursuing a heterosexual male who wants nothing to do with the gay guy, but the gay guy lives in the fantasy world that he can turn the straight guy "out"....one day, if he tries hard enough to seduce him. But all the straight guy sees is a person psycho stalker who doesn't get the hint and refuses to believe that he will never like men romantically.

Tower
----------

Maybe we have different ways of interpreting the Tower card, because I don't believe that the Tower has an improper foundation, therefore that is the reason it is falling apart. There is nothing wrong with the Tower's foundation, because the Tower is falling down from the top due to being hit by a strong lightening bolt. Well, that is the illustration on most RWS based decks.

The interpretation of the Tower, would be the questioner coming into realization that the person that they love will never love them back. For example with my story with the Moon card about the gay man in love with a straight man. You know, after two years of trying to seduce the gay man, and he gets arrested for stalking, he then realizes while he is sitting in jail that the straight guy really doesn't love him after all, since no one who loves you would try get you arrested.

So the gay guy is all heart broken and crying in jail, because his delusions and fantasies will never be a reality. He has to face the cold hard truths of his situation.

Chariot
-----------

This card is very good for romance, because this card is all about movement, not lack of movement. This card can be a more volatile and risky than The Fool. A Chariot is all about speed, pursuit, determination, dominance, on the hunt.

The Chariot is the guy cruising various bars in order to find sex and one night stands. And he won't stop cruising until he gets laid. He won't take "no" for an answer. If one refuses his sexual advances, then he will start talking to her girlfriend standing right next to her.

He is so determined, he can almost have stalker tendencies. The Chariot sees what he wants and is determined to get it. He is no way immobile, and going nowhere. This card is full of action and activity.

BeyondtheVeil

I think these cards say "No Romantic Feelings"...

Hmm.. each reader is different as each reading is different, but I've had these cards show up for no feelings or "pretend' feelings.

Seven of Swords

Five of Swords

Eight of Cups

The Hermit

The Hanged Man {Doesn't mean they won't}

Seven of Cups {though I would suppose you would need to look around at the other cards in this case}.

Ten of Swords in some cases.

Having a lot of Swords in a reading means it's more thinking than feelings.

Two of Swords as "blocked emotions". Doesn't mean they don't have them, they just aren't acknowledging them.

Brightest Blessings! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

ChristianReader

Some cases the presence of the empress or emperor can indicate that the man or woman is not only already taken but the person of interest is faithful as well and not thinking or feeling anything romantic for anyone else

SirRushing

Some cases the presence of the empress or emperor can indicate that the man or woman is not only already taken but the person of interest is faithful as well and not thinking or feeling anything romantic for anyone else

I would say this is true, if the negative relationship cards show up, because lord have I witness through tarot that "being already taken" don't mean a thing to a lot of people. These cards just state that they are already in a relationship, but it doesn't give an indication that they won't stray if the opportunity arises. So I wouldn't just depend on Empress or Emperor at all for meaning "no romantic feelings buddy."

The only time I've seen a "I'm happily married/in a relationship and I won't stray away" is when there is a Emperor/Empress with 10 Cups, 10 Pentacles, 2 cups, Sun, Devil (so co-dependent on each other that they won't leave each other for nothing in the world, even when they drive each other nuts and they threaten to divorce each other every day, but they won't).

BrownBear

No romantic feelings? I'd say 4 of Cups (apathy) for sure. Probably the Hermit.

QueenPen

Hermit, to me, has hidden feelings. Doesn't show them, but they are there. I'm thinking any suit, other than cups.