4 of a kind

queenxofxwands

Hi everyone,
I've just done a 4 card reading for myself, and got all 4 of the nines. This is the first time something like this has happened to me, and was wondering what others thoughts are on this, or if anyone knows of any significance I should take into account, I have googled and come up with very little information, so was hoping someone here might have some more. Please note, I do not wish to discuss the individual cards, but rather the fact that they all showed up in such a small reading. Any ideas?

laurence

The first thing that came to my mind is that things are coming to completion soon, once the crisis is overcome. But did you ask a particular question?

Eremita90

If I remember correctly, four nine usually indicate great responsibility, at least according to the GD system (but I don't think the meanings for the four and three of a kind were come up with by the GD). A more intuitive approach would probably be to think what you have learnt to see in the number nine and apply it to your general overview of the spread.

queenxofxwands

The first thing that came to my mind is that things are coming to completion soon, once the crisis is overcome. But did you ask a particular question?

I did ask a particular question, but I can't discuss it here. Completion and overcoming, ok.
Thankyou for replying

queenxofxwands

If I remember correctly, four nine usually indicate great responsibility, at least according to the GD system (but I don't think the meanings for the four and three of a kind were come up with by the GD). A more intuitive approach would probably be to think what you have learnt to see in the number nine and apply it to your general overview of the spread.

Ok, thankyou for that input. My intuitive approach seems to fly out the window and run off down the street when i read for myself :D

jenessa

Many 9's can represent something in the process of coming to a conclusion.

& Because your reading for yourself, perhaps it relates to "your desire" to bring something to a close?

You might also want to consider the order in which the 9's came out. Or rather should I say, take note of the order of the suits, and then think about the suit qualities as a flow of energy re: the way in which something would be brought to a close.

nisaba

It's also *really* worthwhile, considering the positional meanings in the spread, and the individual meanings of those cards and how those things mesh together, and just read them for their meanings. Perhaps as the cards were falling it wasn't important that you see four nines, but that you see the four individual messages of those particular cards.

MissNine

9s tell me you're in the process of gathering your last saved energies for a final effort to finish something up.

queenxofxwands

Yes, and 4 nines upright may indicate a close friend....
Thanks, this would never have occurred to me

Many 9's can represent something in the process of coming to a conclusion.

& Because your reading for yourself, perhaps it relates to "your desire" to bring something to a close?

You might also want to consider the order in which the 9's came out. Or rather should I say, take note of the order of the suits, and then think about the suit qualities as a flow of energy re: the way in which something would be brought to a close.
I think the image of the order they came out is burned on my brain, and I will have another look at it in the context you suggested, thank you

It's also *really* worthwhile, considering the positional meanings in the spread, and the individual meanings of those cards and how those things mesh together, and just read them for their meanings. Perhaps as the cards were falling it wasn't important that you see four nines, but that you see the four individual messages of those particular cards.
Hi, yes I have looked at them as you have said, perhaps important, perhaps not, although the replies here have added a new dimension to the reading for me which has been very helpful, as for some reason I am having a tough time with this one! I will keep looking at it until I get it. Thanks for replying.

9s tell me you're in the process of gathering your last saved energies for a final effort to finish something up.

Thanks for replying, it looks like you are reinforcing what others have said, something is ending. I think this was the theme that I needed to see(even though I dont like it), as individually I didnt get that impression.