The Cult Of Weimar Tarot

JMI_Tarot

The Cult Of Weimar Tarot - Now on Aeclectic!

Now on Aeclectic! See it HERE

This deck is not for everyone! But for some people it is exactly right. The images are as strong and as edgy as the times that inspired them.
Berlin in the 1920s was a hotbed of creativity that gave rise to artistic movements of every kind. It was a fascinating time and The Cult of Weimar Tarot cards are based on the people and art of that time.

Have a look for yourself at: Cult of Weimar Tarot

earthair

Wow, this is a gorgeous deck :cool2: Looks very readable and the backs are lovely too.

JMI_Tarot

Thank you!

Insect Reflection

What an interesting time and place to draw inspiration from for tarot! I really like the imagery and the vibe. Might have to run off and watch "Cabaret" now :)

starlightexp

Or watch Metropolis :)

Nemia

I spent some of the best years of my life in Berlin, and while that was not in the 20s, it was crazy enough - the 80s, before the Wall came down. Actually, I left Berlin days before that event for good. I have a very very soft spot for this city and its people, its history with its extremes is fascinating, and the art that came from Berlin is harsh, honest, a bit crazy. So it was obvious that I would buy this deck sooner or later.

The art reminds me strongly of John Heartfield and Hannah Höch: Dada photocollages that don't blend but juxtapose the characters and symbols, and of German Expressionism (I think the artist and I share a deep preference; my grandmother saved her money as a student to buy the water colour painting of a young painter called Emil Nolde...).

Usually, my uppermost criterion is: how does it read? Somehow, I can't resist this deck, and I'll have to try whether it reads well or not.

I do own one modern collage deck (as opposed to Kat Black's seemless art collages), the Stretch Tarot, and it reads very well. So I expect that I'll be able to read with the Cult of Weimar. I connect to these images.

I'll let you know more about it when I start working with the deck which will most probably around my birthday. This is my birthday present to myself.

gregory

You can the use code: "BerlinGirls" for 15% off

I can't get to enter that anywhere... (I would only use paypal...) I just get to "confirm payment - the option for a discount didn't come up ANYWHERE as it said it would "during checkout".

JMI_Tarot

After you add the item to the cart, click "CHECKOUT" or "VIEW CART"
Then scroll down a little and above the total is a little box where you can enter the code. It says "Apply Coupon" in the box.

Sorry if it is confusing. I'm going to add an arrow or something to make it clearer.

gregory

Ah. I went to checkout from the popup - and that ONLY goes to the credit card checkout. Going to it at the top of the page worked. Thanks.

rakusribut

wow....i love this deck, so glad i happened upon this thread..... it is really awesome. and thanks for the discount! i have the stretch and the antiquarian tarot, both are similar to this one but i find your images even more appealing than the other two. i guess the fact that your deck is so strongly connected to berlin and weimar makes it more personal and gives it more depth. the high priestess is stunning, as is that three of swords..... and the wheel of fortune....the five of cups..... i could go on and on, it is so original and well thought out. in a way it reminds me of the urban tarot, that one is about new york, but it was created with the same love for its subject.
anyway, can't wait to work with those cards, hope that it reads as comfortable and inspiring as the stretch (haven't worked with the antiquarian yet)