Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot ~ Two of Swords

Hemera

A red haired girl dressed in red is balancing on a tightrope between two tall buildings. The rope unites the two almost equal sized buildings. She has left one roof and is approaching the next one. She is somewhere in between trying to find her balance and hopefully enough courage to proceed. This is the (RWS) Two of Swords-world with a dynamic situation where the two poles are equally attractive and you wonder if you should proceed or withdraw. You are probably a bit scared but you block your emotions and put on a brave face.
Maybe the red dress signifies that she has the courage she needs. It could also mean that she is scared on the inside but blocks her emotions and puts on a red dress of courage which will help her get through the challenge. Sometimes just pretending to be brave helps you to proceed.

The shadow side of this card might warn of black and white thinking,
splitting of a situation, not seeing all sides of the matter, being too one-sided.

I like the LWB for this deck and I think Lunaea Weatherstone has done a great job even though the unnecessary (and usual for LoS) multiple language translations take too much space.
LWB: Proceed slowly and with caution. The situation holds possible danger or failure, but if you are careful and pay attention to details, you can reach your goal. Key concepts: A balanced approach, cautious progress, vigilance.

ana luisa

Beautiful interpretation, Hemera :) I like to consider also the fact that she is moving left so perhaps revisiting the past. Coincidentally, she is right above a house, quite contrastive with the 2 "modern" dwellings. Gotta love this deck !!

Hemera

Beautiful interpretation, Hemera :) I like to consider also the fact that she is moving left so perhaps revisiting the past. Coincidentally, she is right above a house, quite contrastive with the 2 "modern" dwellings. Gotta love this deck !!
Oh yes, such a gorgeous deck! And now that you mention the direction I seem to remember that Jung thought that moving to the left can signify moving towards the unconscious. Towards the source of your dreams and creativity and all that..

skywatching

I thought this image was an interesting interpretation of the Two of Swords and I'll admit when I first saw it, I didn't really connect the traditional Two of Swords meaning to it.

I recently had this card come up in a reading to mean that I would be "walking a fine line" with something.

So it definitely held the cautious approach meaning and having to balance some conflict, which is very Two of Swords :)