Sweet Twilight - The Lovers

Aerin

I'm more with Curtis here. I remember that feeling when the rest of he world slips away and there is only the two of you. This can lead to something far, far deeper - at this stage it is about the connection and communication on a level that is almost beyond awareness.

Pure lust isn't like that: it's more an animal hunger and I don't see that in this card.

I think the choice comes in as - do you let the feelings and communication deepen and risk being hurt once your heart is wide open, or do you shut things down in case your partner doesn't feel the same way and for them it IS just lust.

RiccardoLS

I was not talking about pure lust, I think.
Should we really consider the idea of physical sex to be just that?

Aerin

Hi Ric - no I don't think you were.

I think that you can have lust without love (which is where for me the animal hunger on its own would come in), I see this card as having both though. Physical and emotional love. I don't see at as shallow in any way.

Sar

Not shallow at all.
These two has taken a risk, made a little island for themselves and discovers what love is all about.

Grizabella

These Lovers look kind of androgynous almost. The naked one has broad shoulders and narrow hips like a man and the other figure is much more slight and we don't see breasts or even the hint of them. I like the way this is done because it could be two men, two women, or a man and a woman.

septimus

These Lovers look kind of androgynous almost. The naked one has broad shoulders and narrow hips like a man and the other figure is much more slight and we don't see breasts or even the hint of them. I like the way this is done because it could be two men, two women, or a man and a woman.

I disagree; the naked person is definitely a woman from the shape of her, the breasts and hips and her posture. The shoulders are a little mannish, but maybe she plays tennis.

lalalibra

"Love is more than feelings for each other"

Indeed, love is more than just feelings... It's about having the courage to act on those feelings. People may care for one another, but that doesn't mean that they're immune to fear, or to hiding their feelings rather than embracing them. Love needs trust and honesty in order to flourish into it's full potential. The feelings are only the seeds ("Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding" ~Khalil Gibran). This card represents that idea for me. It's like a moment in time, a turning point within a relationship - the relationship reaches a new level. Like the two people, the flowers are climbing and stretching upward into the sky, and growth can be both painful and exhilarating.

When this card came up for me in a reading recently, it had a particular meaning in that respect. I saw the man in the card as being in the act of whispering a secret to the woman, as if making a confession of some kind. And it's interesting to me that the woman is completely naked while the man is still partially clothed - his pants are unzipped but he's still in the process of undressing. And his eyes are open, while we cannot see the woman's face, and yet I imagine that her eyes are closed, for when we share an intimate moment like kissing, we close our eyes ...but it seems like he still has his eyes open. It's as if this image is like a snapshot of someone learning to let go and allow themselves to completely surrender to love... He's getting ready to undress. He's getting ready to close his eyes and to surrender to their physical union, but he needs to have that emotional and spiritual union to precede that. True love (the love that we desire) is balanced in that way. Intimacy requires being completely open (you can't have one foot on the track and one foot on the train)... A strong relationship requires honesty -- laying "everything out on the table" and not being afraid to "bare all."

MizGrace

I see it ad very sweet innocent love its pure and harmless yet I don't see it as young love I just see it as saying to let go with one another not hide your body to accept and enjoy one another. I feel the card Is being seen more as lust link to devil and read that Way. Yet I feel its just love taking time to know one another properly and show feelings without fears its complete trust. I like it a lot. Yet don't feel at my age that kind of love is possible as I'm wiser more grounded. Is gave to drop all barriers perhaps its reminding Is trust enjoy that moment give in to it.

ana luisa

SO many details in this card... when I first got the deck, I thought this was a sweet card. But upon further observation, some things came to mind.

Yes, they are in love. They took a chunk of the world only for themselves. There's nothing more than the two of them. Like the world didn't exist but for their presence. There is their long hair (no braids, no knots, secrets being revealed). They both let their hair down, feel absolutely at ease with each other. The rose shows passion that is growing from friendship (hence the pink lilies). However, there is not a total balance here. I would say that in this relationship, she has already "surrendered" while he hasn't. The roses are on her side of the world while the lily is on his. She is totally naked while he isn't. Her face is being held by him while he is peeking at the reader, not completely "in the moment".
In short, this could be the start of something big but it is not quite there.

MizGrace

Ana Luisa its so strange our posts are almost the same! as they say great minds think alike :)