Death Card Statue - What Deck?

Fulgour

Ralph W. Stacy was a teacher at Southern Illinois University,
my alma mater, and I just saw one of his statues up for sale.

The description says they believe it to be from back in 1975,
and a representation of "Death" ~based on his reading deck.

Please check the attachment below for a view of the image,
and then I am hoping maybe somebody recognizes this XIII.

Best Wishes!
Fulgour
Class of '78

Attachments

• Tarot Statue by Ralph Stacy 1975.jpg
    Tarot Statue by Ralph Stacy 1975.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 201

Fulgour

I was noticing where it has the Aquarius glyph
and what looks like XI, but it still mystifies me.
There's a 6 looking mark in a star and kinda 11
again below that but, I'm not getting Strength.

Thirteen

That is an incredibly cool statue. I wish I knew what the deck was. I'd love to see it.

The Aquarius sign could signify the Star as there is a Star, indication that Death bring an end but there is also hope and a new future?

Monica Whitman

Death Card Statue

Are you trying to decifer up or reversed?My mistake I thought your post was about the card, not a statue.

Simone

It looks familiar, but i can't place it... i'll let the back of my mind work on it during the day, maybe i can come up with something!

In the meantime I'll move the thread to Talking Tarot though ;)

Rosanne

That is very interesting Fulgour- The only Death Cards I can recall that look like that are a Herbal Tarot and a later deck from the Mythic- which by age counts it out. It is interesting that it looks more like a Hermit Card, which is X1 reversed. That glyph could be that of the ElderFlower. The Elder was supposed to be the wood of the cross, and made purplyblue dye. It is the herbal symbol of the Death card. I will think on this and try and make connections. ~Rosanne
edited to add: Could that be an ourbourous and not a 6- self sustaining character of nature etc. The symbol below like a fat 11 could mean duality and added to mem makes X111? I do not know why but what does the Papus Death card look like?

Netzach

The people to ask would be Umbrae (who seems to know every deck on the planet) or Gregory (who seems to have every deck on the planet in her collection).

Sulis

That's one lovely statue...

Sorry not to be of any help whatsoever with the card - I'd love to see it though.

Thanks for showing us the statue Fulgour :)

la-luna

Hmmm reminds me a bit of the hermit from the Piatnik Wien deck (then that “fat 11 could be his lantern with the little lines next to it the light coming out of it)

Fulgour

eBay Item number: 320041331526

Further Notes: The description also says...

It is solid bronze cast using the lost wax method,
18 inches high and 8 1/2 in diameter at the base.

The statue is 19.2 pounds :eek: