working title: Tarot Sexualis

Alta

I see what you mean Rodney, but the Hermit's movement can be very inner. The Hermit does not have to actually leave town to withdraw. I find the image thought provoking.

Also glad you had time to get back to this. It is promises to be an unusual deck.

Alta

rwcarter

And I see what you mean Alta, but for me the Hermit's movement, whether inner or outer, is self-driven. This Hermit couldn't have wrapped himself up like that, so it seems like someone else is involved. (The image seems more 8 Swords-ish to me but without the swords of course.) I don't normally associate another person's influence with the Hermit, but I'm always willing to have my tarot boundaries expanded. :)

Rodney

Hannafate

One of the interpretations of the Hermit is seeking guidance, perhaps from a wise man or guru.

If his inner journey required a little prop assistance from another, it would still be his personal journey. "Set me up, then go away and let me think"

faerieluca

I am so excited about these images. Er, maybe that doesn't sound right!

I have been looking for an erotic/sexual/adult deck to add to my collection and this is perfect. Dark, intense, sexy and still deep. i can't wait until it's done and I have it in my greedy little hands!

P.S. The Temperance image is totally haunting. Amazing. Balanced but not whole? Appearing unwhole but being whole? So good!!

Hannafate

faerieluca said:
The Temperance image is totally haunting. Amazing. Balanced but not whole? Appearing unwhole but being whole? So good!!

Adaptable.

Cat*

Hannafate said:
If his inner journey required a little prop assistance from another, it would still be his personal journey. "Set me up, then go away and let me think"
Yes. That. Another great card. The more I see of this deck, the more I want to see.

Re: Temperance:
I also think: Balance doesn't necessarily mean symmetry or 50/50...

rwcarter

I like the Benjamins in the background more than the coins. But I also like the rays emanating from his head more than the circle surrounding his head.

The money, wine and glow represent Earth, Water and Fire. I don't see an Air representation. Maybe if you have the cape billowing, that would be Air and also change how you're seeing the cape?

One other thing. Don't know if it's your intention or not, but to me he looks like a teenage boy who might be playing at being a Magician instead of a young man who is actively pursuing the role of Magician.

Rodney

faerieluca

I like tha cape and I like the idea of it billowing. I also think I would like him to look a bit more mature; although if it is your intention to have him appear young for a more playful look than I can feel that too.