To text or not to text... Actually the question is How to text!!

Bonny

Hi there,

I recently had a blow up with my beau over my excessive use of texts or textual communication in our relationship.

I asked the question:

What better ways are there for me to deal with my impulse to text communications in my relationship?

Fox - child - rider

From first spec I read this as meaning that I could design smarter methods that are more charismatic in terms of putting across a message.

In linking the cards I got:

Fox, child - little White lies, clever child, lying child
Fox, rider - messages that look good, but only at first glance

Child, rider - good news about a new beginning, news about a child

This says that I need to make my messages in my relationship look good and preferably about a child, or a new thing, so be of novel interest , NEWS, so to speak... I don't quite get the child/fox part though as I am committed to truth in all my dealings.

Any suggestions?

nicky

I would love to assist but not sure how you are using the Lenormand - when I was taught I had to pick a card that was the basis of my question and then the next two cards when that turned up were the insight - so in this case I would use the Birds and then the next two cards..

Here is my go with your cards:

The Fox could be that the texts are seen as manipulative - the child being spontaneous which I am taking as the base of the question (you ) so maybe you are being innocent and impulsive but it had felt like you had that Foxy agenda and the way to solve it regarding your question of dealing with your impulses is in that Rider card.. the Rider brings news... maybe the spread is telling you to try only to text when you have actual 'news'...

Good luck :)

nicky

Village Witch

My take on this draw is to count to ten and plan (Fox) what you want to say. Only text when the news is fresh (Child) and only what is relevant.

DownUnderNZer

I do not think this would be encouraging slyness or manipulation at all.

Rather it might be "warning" you to perhaps keep it in check with doing things on the sly as well as be aware of the immaturity/childishness in the type of messages you text. Also, to alter it to a few (Child) and only when it is relevant information (Rider).

When a relationship is sound or secure I do not think anyone would be excessively texting or calling unless totally "insecure".

This may be putting across to you to do something about the manipulation (Fox) and immaturity (Child) in the ongoing messages (Rider) you text.

Maybe a simple "What are you doing now?" might seem innocent, but behind it is a whole lot more as in fishing for where is the person, who is that person with, at what time etc etc etc.

There is perhaps something in the texts that you send that is the "issue" as well as the "overdoing".

DND :)

Hi there,

I recently had a blow up with my beau over my excessive use of texts or textual communication in our relationship.

I asked the question:

What better ways are there for me to deal with my impulse to text communications in my relationship?

Fox - child - rider

From first spec I read this as meaning that I could design smarter methods that are more charismatic in terms of putting across a message.

In linking the cards I got:

Fox, child - little White lies, clever child, lying child
Fox, rider - messages that look good, but only at first glance

Child, rider - good news about a new beginning, news about a child

This says that I need to make my messages in my relationship look good and preferably about a child, or a new thing, so be of novel interest , NEWS, so to speak... I don't quite get the child/fox part though as I am committed to truth in all my dealings.

Any suggestions?

Bonny

These are all insightful and carry meaning that is helpful to me.
Thank you!

I will return to each one to reply.

B:)

Bonny

I would love to assist but not sure how you are using the Lenormand - when I was taught I had to pick a card that was the basis of my question and then the next two cards when that turned up were the insight - so in this case I would use the Birds and then the next two cards..

Here is my go with your cards:

The Fox could be that the texts are seen as manipulative - the child being spontaneous which I am taking as the base of the question (you ) so maybe you are being innocent and impulsive but it had felt like you had that Foxy agenda and the way to solve it regarding your question of dealing with your impulses is in that Rider card.. the Rider brings news... maybe the spread is telling you to try only to text when you have actual 'news'...

Good luck :)

nicky

Too true Nicky!

He was with a woman before who used to manipulate him and control him and contacts him incessantly.
My messages come from a place that was pure (child like) - you describe that well. But the misinterpretation was awful.
He was scared of manipulation or heard them as manipulative.

He loves to respond when it's 'news' ...

Thank you!!!

Bonny

My take on this draw is to count to ten and plan (Fox) what you want to say. Only text when the news is fresh (Child) and only what is relevant.

Yes!!

This guy is a 'planner' and likes anything communicated to be planned. That would ve heaven to him. (Don't know that it's my style though eh!!)
And yes, news that's fresh is what he likes.

Thank you for your reply !!

B:)

Bonny

I do not think this would be encouraging slyness or manipulation at all.

Rather it might be "warning" you to perhaps keep it in check with doing things on the sly as well as be aware of the immaturity/childishness in the type of messages you text. Also, to alter it to a few (Child) and only when it is relevant information (Rider).

~~~

Yes, I am learning about keeping some aspects away from the space of sharing , to keep that space covered... Also the messages could be more work oriented and less to give inspiration or energy as the latter seems ti be unneeded

~~~

When a relationship is sound or secure I do not think anyone would be excessively texting or calling unless totally "insecure".

~~
Fair point!

~~~

This may be putting across to you to do something about the manipulation (Fox) and immaturity (Child) in the ongoing messages (Rider) you text.

~~

It could well do... Not realised nor intended !!

~~~

Maybe a simple "What are you doing now?" might seem innocent, but behind it is a whole lot more as in fishing for where is the person, who is that person with, at what time etc etc etc.

~~

Yes, but I wouldn't text something like that. (Intrusive)
Moreso it would be a section of wisdom like 'miracles happen ' or something

~~~

There is perhaps something in the texts that you send that is the "issue" as well as the "overdoing".

DND :)

Thank you DND!

Cheers!

Too much contact overall.
All good. Thanks great suggestions DND