I&#39m creating one too!

noizik

I've finished the blue-print for this deck that I've been dreaming about. And I need some crazy artist type to help me with the... Well, the artwork. So who wants to come along, and help make this dream come true? The only thing that needs to be considered at this time is the cost.

P.S.: I can't do this alone.

P.S.S.: Please please please please please please please please please please!

Major Tom

noizik (26 Sep, 2001 05:38):

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours" Richard Bach in Illusions

I would strongly urge you to create the images yourself. Any artist interested in working on a tarot deck will certainly be more interested in creating their own. }>

I suspect your blueprint has most of the work anyway...

truthsayer

noizik (26 Sep, 2001 05:38):
I've finished the blue-print for this deck that I've been dreaming about. And I need some crazy artist type to help me with the... Well, the artwork. So who wants to come along, and help make this dream come true? The only thing that needs to be considered at this time is the cost.

P.S.S.: Please please please please please please please please please please!

please noizik, have a little faith in yourself! i will tell you everything i have learned about art... ;D believe me, everyone who writes a tarot deck doesn't have artistic skills. if you doubt me, have a look at rachel pollack's shining tribe deck. she admits she is not an artist but couldn't find an artist that had the same vision of the meanings of her cards as she did. i truly believe we all have "inner artists". i've taken art lessons on and off since 1988. can i draw? NO! do i have a better understanding of artistic techniques that would allow me to create my own deck? yes. besides, art is so much more accessible than it once was. try betty edward's book,"drawing on the right side of the brain". teaches you how to draw using your nondominant hand. i have to admit when i used her methods my drawing did get better. then there are author's that specialize in teaching us how to bring out our more creative side. one is julia cameron and the other is SARK. SARK is much more fun to learn creativity from than cameron(who is a bit too stuffy for me). SARK's art looks childish but its rhythmn, bright color, and unity identifies her uniqueness as an artist. i think if you look at what SARK does for BIG $$ as an artist, you will no longer doubt your ability to illustrate your own tarot deck. buy some crayons or tempera or magic markers and a cheap pad of drawing paper. assignment? just doodle. eventually, advance to doodling about your thoughts about the fool or the world... pick up some craft or art classes from a craft store. the bob ross style of painting was created for ppl who don't know anything about painting. then there is just taking magazines and clipart and putting them together to create your own vision of the tarot. best of luck!!! :cool:

Kiama

Noizik: I started creating a deck 3 years ago, and found that I ended up drawing pictures which were meaningful to me. I didn't matter what otehrs thought, so long as I understood. Of course it helps if the pictures look nice too!

I cannot draw to save my life. I cannot paint. I can splash paint on the walls, and I can to potato printing, but beyond that I'm lost!

I've actually abandoned that deck for a while, and am starting to create a photo collage deck... Thanks to Major Tom. ( :* to you Major!)

It's fun, mostly. So do what you want, and don't limit your talents, or lack of them.

Kiama

Major Tom

Kiama (26 Sep, 2001 17:56):

( :* to you Major!)

Kiama

(*Blushing brightly* at kisses from a 17 year old green eyed redhead)

All physical expressions of fatherly affection gratefully received :D }>

raeanne

Hi Noizik,
I wish I could help but I’m not at all artistically inclined. I understand what the other people who have answered you are trying to say but I also believe that it is OK to ask for someone else to help you. I hope you find an artist to work with! What type of deck do you have in mind? Do you have a theme you are working with or do you plan to follow RW symbolism with a different artistic style? Maybe you could share a bit more of your idea and see if someone with a bit more art background would be willing to work with you. Is there a community college in your area that might have some art students that you could talk to? If you have a good idea, I can understand you wanting to get a good artist involved.

Zedrex

You know what I have done, being in roughly the same boat?

I went to fiverr.com and looked through the many artists there who are all advertising cheap work and made a shortlist of ones who's styles, approach and prices matched what I'm able to work with.

Then I contacted them all and described my project before settling on one who I am excited to create a deck with. He's psyched about the project too and worked out a special deal for me.

Then we discussed how we'll work, how much detail he wants and how much freedom he has, etc. We now have an excellent thing going and I can actually afford to produce the deck I want (I'm about to start a new thread with some sneak preview)

reall

like everyone already say you can try it on your own!:))
using traditional or modern media/GIMP,
we have similar thread every once in a while and someone recently had same questions as you can read and see progress from skech to completion here !^^ ;))
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=235263&page=2

but if you still prefer help then like Zedrex already sugested best option is fiverr.com
or if you wish for more artzy and deviant style you can find it on deviantart or start your own project there!^^
here is my page!^^ :))
http://primavistax.deviantart.com/gallery/

wish you best luck!^^ :))

frejasphere

Blueprint done :) I think you should give the artwork a go as well :) Taking the plunge and going on a journey of Tarot discovery through the images can be... well, - magic :)

Zephyros

Um, the thread was posted almost fifteen years ago and the OP hasn't been back. I think it is safe to say that something or other has been done with this deck?