Death...

.traveller.

I asked the fae what I should do today, since I have finished my Christmas shopping and have oodles of time to do all manner of things and they said "Death".

So I imagine today I should throw stuff out, like those old envelopes that I seem compelled to hang onto. That will take a sizeable chunk of the day, but I have been wondering if Death can also mean finishing up projects? It will take more than a day to finish them all, I might finish one. Maybe the Master Maker would be a better card for finishing projects?

Death seems to be more about tearing out a project that isn't working to allow the materials to be used for something else.

hopena

It's been a long time since I read through the threads in here. This was one of the cards I pulled a little while ago, and it struck me that Death sneaks up on you (no matter how much you think you're prepared for it, at times). He's covered, unrecognizable, and whilst he's holding a crystal ball, he apparently can't see it himself...

That's what I see right now, due to the events of the past two weeks. In two cases, it was totally unexpected.

qwaychou

Like another reader has posted, I too, has a difficult time with this card in this deck.
It's uncomfortable, no color, no joy, no nature, it is hiding from and is hidden to the world. Is it a crystal, skull or apple it holds?
I am reminded of christianity, and the Garden of Eden, blind to everything, with knowledge in its hands

Abyss

I love this card. I find it rather genderless (which is just as well, I suppose).

To me - it is peace. Silence. The feeling of waking up to an empty house but not because people have left, but because there was never anyone there in the first place. It's a calm card.

Reminds me of the silent guardian, who takes your hand when you are lost in the dark and leads you onward. Expecting no thanks, speaking no apologies, but leading you with a soft yet firm grip.