The Transparent Tarot

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks everyone! :)

I've had a rather lonely evening, as my other half is on a business trip to Sweden, so I've busied myself with creating.

For your delectation: The Hanged One and The High Priest, plus all of todays cards together.

Many Blessings,

Em xx

P.S. Harleyquinn- The circular oracle deck will still happen, but needs a lot of planning and research. It's currently next in line after this and the Middle earth tarot! :)

Attachments

• Hanged One.jpg
    Hanged One.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 210
  • High Priest.jpg
    High Priest.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 5+12+16.jpg
    5+12+16.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 192

Kay Valentine

Beautiful artwork. You can visibly see just how much heart you are putting into this deck. You have a true gift!

The queue is getting quite long, especially if you intend to hand-make however many decks, so if I have any hope of ever personally seeing these gorgeous cards then I'd better hop on the wagon while I can! Do you think maybe I could make your intended list?

AprilFool

Hi, Em. You've been busy! What is the significance of the image in the High Priest card, if I may ask? What was your inspiration for the tree?

SarahRose

Very awesome idea. It's one of those ideas where hundreds of other people are going "Darn, I wish I had thought of that!" It makes perfect sense.

Great work. I'd definitely love a copy if you were to publish it.

You'll be a famous tarot artist and we'll all say, "I knew her when! I saw the cards as they were done!" :) :) :)

Debra

Wow, these are brilliant--what a concept! Put me on the list, too, please....Debra

Sidhe-Ra

You're all lovely, thank you! :)

AprilFool said:
Hi, Em. You've been busy! What is the significance of the image in the High Priest card, if I may ask? What was your inspiration for the tree?

I wondered if someone would ask me that! The High Priest or Hierophant, to me represents tradition, ancient wisdom, and a certain 'Fixed' nature. An ancient tree, which has stood for hundreds of years, seemingly unmoving, but always growing, seemed to me a perfect de-personalsied representation of this cards energies. There is much to be learned from trees! I also had in mind the Tree of Life of the Qabbalah, another system which the Hierophant would relate to- wise yet rigid, fixed yet subtly shifting.

Does that make sense?

Blessings,

Em xx

Sidhe-Ra

Kay Valentine said:
The queue is getting quite long, especially if you intend to hand-make however many decks, so if I have any hope of ever personally seeing these gorgeous cards then I'd better hop on the wagon while I can! Do you think maybe I could make your intended list?

Certainly! I think I'll be able to stand making about a hundred- at this rate, i won't have to advertise them at all! Thank you so much :)

Blessings,

Em x

Mimers

Hi Em, I am very excited about this deck. So perfect. I am sorry if you already mentioned this, but are you planning on doing the minors or is this going to be a majors only deck?

nicki

goody

my daily fix has been fulfilled, thank you!!

nicki