The Transparent Tarot

TygrEyes

:eek:)

Okay. I haven't posted here in a year and a half (I checked), and I had to come out to say PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put me on the pre-order list. I must have one of these. The concept and execution are brilliant. I absolutely love what I've seen so far! Excellent work Sidhe-Ra! Bravo!

wumpkie

Im so enthralled by this set is soooooo amazing not just by the artwork but also the concept and the thought which has gone into this deck.
I like said before please put me on the list, every time I look at the pictures I can't help but drool. (Disgusting I know)

lots of Love wumpkie .....still drooling....:D

Sidhe-Ra

Aw, bless you drooly Wumpkie! Don't go drooling on your computer though, it won't do either of you any good!

Thank you everyone so much! :)

I really appreciate the advice about acrylic sheet, but a brief google left me rather befuddled as to whether it would be feasible for me. I think I'll stick with what I'm already doing, and hope that if a big publisher does take it up, they find bigger grander ways of doing things. There's only so much I can do at home, and these already look like costing a fair amount per deck, especially with the new equipment I'm buying.

So, they're not perfect, but they're still pretty cool. They look best under a bright light, and, obviously, on a white background. White reflects light so well, that you do still get a cool effect with up to four cards.

I'm planning on wrapping them in a plain white silk spreadcloth, packaged in a transparent plastic pouch. :)

No new artwork today, but more soon!

Love and Blessings,

Em x

wumpkie

We will pay whatever it costs :D (still drooling but now have been provided with a bucket :D) xXx

Voron

Sidhe-Ra said:
I finally managed to find a bit of time today, so here, (by popular request!), are Death and Judgement.

Awesome! Thank you! I like how Judgement has alll that fiery Shin (the Hebrew letter, not the body part) energy in it...

Voron

Viewer

cirom said:
Now I may be poking my nose here where its not required but another application of this idea of yours would be as a reading software.

Actually, it's funny you say this, because for the last week my friend (incidentally, the same one who helped me with the later, more elegant math formula) and I have been working on just such a program. We wanted to be far enough along in functionality before we mentioned it (the basic program works now), and I was actually planning to email/PM Emily Friday, but a work emergency came up.

So, Emily, while I don't know if I qualify for the honor of the "technically clever" mantle, I'm sending a PM & email with more details and samples!

Lurea

Sidhe-Ra said:
The sample cards I printed early on were on thin acetate with a fairly thin laminate. They do get a little grey the more layers you add, but up to about four cards, and on a plain white background, you get a good effect. In fact you get an added 3rd dimension, which means that even the order of the cards makes a difference!

Great cards...fascinating idea. Beautiful images!

Just from a reading standpoint, I can't imagine wanting to layer more than 4 images---with a simple seven card horseshoe that would involve 28 cards! And forty for a celtic cross... I think 4 layers visible would be very workable for the majority of people and that might keep your expenses down. Those that only want to layer a couple of cards can, and those that want more could as well.

And for those who want to layer six or seven cards--maybe a SUPER special deluxe version for them?

(I know some readers thrive on big spreads, but I'm not to that level yet :) )

Voron

Lurea said:
Just from a reading standpoint, I can't imagine wanting to layer more than 4 images---with a simple seven card horseshoe that would involve 28 cards! And forty for a celtic cross...

Strange...I wasn't imagining one would even do spreads like a celtic cross. I was imaging one to three sets of overlays, tops. Or like a 5-card spread in the form of one image. Not, of course, that I'm saying there are any rules, but I like the idea of a normal (for example) three-card spread incorporated into one single image. I couldn't even begin to tackle the elaborate spreads you're describing...

temperlyne

thats what makes this deck so cool. You can easily switch from simple to elaborate and still have a unique reading experience.

Em you are amazing!

Sidhe-Ra

slideshow

Thanks everyone!

The work that voron and Matt have done on the computer program is fabulous! I'm hoping we'll have something really cool to share soon :)

As far as uses for the cards goes, I had envisioned all kinds of uses. Yes, three card spreads would be combined into one image, but more complicted spreads would have an added clarification brought to them by adding layers of cards. Plus just playing with them is an excellent tool for igniting the imagination and brainstorming!

I've put together a couple of photo albums of the work so far here : www.emilycarding.com . Check out the slideshow on the combined album- I think you'll like!

Many Blessings,

Em xx