The Transparent Tarot

Bat Chicken

WOW!!!!

I just found this thread and I have gone through every single post. I love the simplicity of each card and when they blend - a unique story appears - incredibly unique, original and certainly a stroke of genius!

I love the Tree for the Heirophant - for all the reasons that Voron noted and that it feels natural that knowledge is a tree. The Emperor and Empress are excellent - I love the concepts of city/civilization and Nature. The way the images work in your minors as well is brilliant. The elements take on such import.

This takes Tarot and the ways to interpret it - particularly on an intuitive level - to a completely new level. I should think this could be THE DECK for those who want to learn to be more intuitive in their readings. How do you use meanings in a dogmatic way with all those random blends??

I want on that waiting list....!!:D

P.S. I forgot to mention that I love the absolute simplicity of the Chariot as well - the message is so perfect.... love it!!!

rahnefan

Sidhe-Ra said:
Now I'm trying to capture the essence of each archetype in the most simple and minimalist way possible, without losing the power of the symbol, PLUS thinking about how it will relate to each card in the deck! It's quite a challenge, but I think it's going to work! (Touch wood...)

It's already working! What's even more impressive is that you are being so productive with it; already you have finished a ton of cards, without (from what we can tell) having to go back and make any big changes or deletions. From where we sit it appears that you spit them out effortlessly, without scores of preliminary sketches or fretting.

EDIT: Read that as jealousy!

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you so much BatChicken and rahnefan!

It's true I'm not much for the preliminary sketches and fretting approach,(never have been much of a note-taker, either!), but I do lie awake at night planning it all in my head! The geometric key to the whole deck is the circle that I use in quite a few cards. When I start on a card, I look at how it uses or relates to that circle. (There has also been a generous use of tracing paper, to make sure that overlapping images align properly). That way each card has a common point of reference, if that makes sense. Plus I'm very lucky that, (touch wood), things just seem to come together intuitively!

Many Blessings,

Em x

Sidhe-Ra

Pre-orders

Okay, here is the pre-order list so far:

Annabelle,
Gregory,
Jackdaw,
YDM42,
Granville,
6Haunted Days,
Mimers,
Russian Soul,
Netzach,
Tara2007,
Startarot,
Truelighth,
Hennafairy,
Peace Pixie,
Nicki,
Aprilfool,
Strange 2,
Silver rain,
Voron,
MeeWah,
Shishkeberry,
Cocobird55,
Seneris,
Harleyquinn,
Kay valentine,
Sarah Rose,
Debra,
Deckster,
Whipsilk,
Tabbycat,
Wumpkie,
Tygreyes,
Marion,
BatChicken,
Tk2dsky,
Tesseljoan,
Rahnefan,
Robin Fariel,
Acacia,
Unknown Spirit,
Lixipixi,
RaeBelle,
Scion,
Fudugazi,
Matthew,
AngelC,
Trixiebee,
annelida,
rebecca-smiles,
Catmoon,
tarotreader2007,
Sravana,
Snowraven,
Weaver,
Pangolin,
EarthAngel2911,
On a clear day

That's 57,(Ithink), so far, and I'm not going to make any more than 100.

(edited to add- I'm going to limit the list to 80, as I need copies to sell at events and so on as well. )

If I've put you on by mistake, or missed you out, or you want to be added/taken off, let me know, and I'll make adjustments :)

My plan at the moment is, once I am ready to start producing decks, I'll get back in touch with everyone who has requested one. Then it will be a question of the first people from the list to get back to me with pennies will be the first to get their decks. I won't advertise the deck elsewhere until all those orders are fulfilled

Many Blessings,

Em x

Tk2dsky

Could you please add me to your preorder list. This deck is fabulous. I like that is simple images, yet very complex all at the same time.
B*B
Ericka

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks ericka! You are on the list now :)

Blessings,

Em xx

Tesseljoan

*Raises hand*

Me too, please?

rahnefan

Please add me too.

Voron

Hear here, with the Temperance bandwagon! so elegantly simple yet evocative!
And with the Wheel -- black, white, red, yellow, -- are the color choices around the rim representative of all the many peoples of the world? (which is an interesting segue to 'The World' with it's multicolored spiral :) )

Wow-- only Justice and Strength left to go in the Majors!

Sidhe-Ra

Queen and King of wands

Thanks everyone! Rahnefan and Tesseljoan have been added to the list. :)

The Wheel is the Native American medicine wheel, and the colours are their elemental colours- but it's a nice observation that it's the colours of the different races. I like that.

Before I fall asleep, here is the start I have made on the Courts- and a bit of playing about...

Blessings,

Em xx

Attachments

• queenofwands.jpg
    queenofwands.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 147
  • kingofwands.jpg
    kingofwands.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Q+K of wands.jpg
    Q+K of wands.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 127