The Transparent Tarot

SarahRose

The fives are great!

LOL a the composite.

snowRaven

I love the way the images are so simple yet convey the meaning and emotions of the card in such a powerful way! The 5 of pentacles doesn't speak to me as strongly as the other cards though - not sure why.

And that looks like one serious party, with all the pips =D

Of course - more questions pop up, like how do the pips interact with the court cards? (I know, I'm never satisfied... =P) I can imagine that there will be some very powerful scenes resulting from combining all these wonderful images.

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you snow raven! Afetr reading your comment I've put a few images together that might give you an idea of how the courst, pips and majors interact. (They're fairly random, so give a reasonable idea of an outcome you might get- I didn't put any thought in!)

Blessings,

Em xx

Attachments

• 4swords +queencups+16.jpg
    4swords +queencups+16.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 3+2wands+Kcups.jpg
    3+2wands+Kcups.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 5swords+kncups+kingwands+10.jpg
    5swords+kncups+kingwands+10.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 130
  • pagepents+14+2cups.jpg
    pagepents+14+2cups.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 135

AprilFool

Hi, Em. I haven't logged on in a while, but I wanted to catch up. Love the pips, and I also love the sample you posted of the book. Your description of the card and the theory behind the symbolism is just the right amount of insight in my opinion, without be-labouring any one card for too long. I would venture to guess that most people who purchase this deck will already be familiar w/ the history and traditional meanings of the cards, and they will MUCH more appreciate why YOU designed your cards as you did.

rebecca-smiles

Sidhe-Ra said:
Printing by hand has revealed all kinds of problems, and no publisher will touch it because it's just too expensive to produce to make it worthwhile.

I have no doubt that will change once a few copies are in people's hand. I think this has such potential to be a well published deck because it is so easy to use; as i look at some of the individual cards and combinations that you have posted them, i get an imediate sense of what is going on...as though it has instantly improved my reading ability/technique.

snowRaven

Sidhe-Ra said:
Thank you snow raven! Afetr reading your comment I've put a few images together that might give you an idea of how the courst, pips and majors interact. (They're fairly random, so give a reasonable idea of an outcome you might get- I didn't put any thought in!)

Blessings,

Em xx

Thank you very much Em! Those combinations really do evoke deep feelings.

My first impression from the 4S-Tower-QuC was that of a break-up - sort of being struck down by the woman you love.

2W-Empress-KiC: The King looks almost like a spirit or deity watching over the two wands figures as they raise their wands to each other in the green landscape, almost as if they were getting ready for some kind of contest where the spirit shows the winner. "You must take care in, and carefully nurture, an upcoming decision if you want to prosper - don't rely too heavily on your feelings, but try to balance your emotions against your desires and the energy that drives you."

5S-Wheel-PaC-KiW: This seems like a very sad combination. Two people who oppose each other - the strong passionate, yet weary, king and the young brash, selfconscious, emotional knight - inadvertendly work together to shatter the dreams of the querent. Could be the querents boyfriend and her father, who doesn't get along, for instance.

Temperance-2C-PaP: A balanced, blessed relationship starting with a new co-worker, bringing together two very different aspects (could be a business endeavor, or a romantic relationship).

The combinations speak to me at a deep, intuitive level - sometimes contrary to the card meanings I'm used to. I honestly cannot wait to do readings with these cards - they are so very inspiring!

Sidhe-Ra

Still at it...the sixes!

Thank you snowraven, that is wonderful that you are getting so much from the images even now, and thank you for sharing your insights!

I'm getting very sleepy, so before I drop off, here are the sixes!

Blessings,

Em x

Attachments

• 6cups.jpg
    6cups.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 6pents.jpg
    6pents.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 6swords.jpg
    6swords.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 6wands.jpg
    6wands.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 105
  • thesixes.jpg
    thesixes.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 111

Sidhe-Ra

And the party gets even more crazy...

Attachments

• the2s,3s,4s,5s, and 6s.jpg
    the2s,3s,4s,5s, and 6s.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 109

Bat Chicken

Amazing.... :)
This is just the coolest deck!

gemini_sakura

This is a cool deck. But.. how do you read it? It looks so... complicated... lol