GT and card meaning

cje

Need some help regarding the GT (I did one for November) and card meanings and I hope someone can help me.

- is the woman in the GT always me (resp. The woman for whom you are doing a GT)? Or could it refer to some other woman when reading a line in the GT?

- and what about the man card, especially when single? Is it always supposed to be a love/romantic partner?

-what card stands for a psychic, or a psychic reading?

I'm trying to figure out if my November GT reading was correct or what else the cards could have referred to now that I know what has happened.

Thanks a bunch!
cje

CosmicBeing

Need some help regarding the GT (I did one for November) and card meanings and I hope someone can help me.

- is the woman in the GT always me (resp. The woman for whom you are doing a GT)? Or could it refer to some other woman when reading a line in the GT?

- and what about the man card, especially when single? Is it always supposed to be a love/romantic partner?

-what card stands for a psychic, or a psychic reading?

I'm trying to figure out if my November GT reading was correct or what else the cards could have referred to now that I know what has happened.

Thanks a bunch!
cje

The cards surrounding the male will tell you his role in your life for that month. If around the Heart or Ring is more likely to indicate a lover.

If i remember correctly, STARS in my book indicates it's linked to psychic stuff (mediumship and of that sort)

Woman is not always you (or female sitter)... can just be a woman who will play a major role in your life for that month. The cards surrounding the woman will indicate more and help you figure out if it's you or just a woman in your surrounding (now or to come)

The center card which is position 5... is the central energy of the GT...So what is surrounding the central card is 4,6,2,8 that is going to tell you what is affecting the central energy of that GT.

Cacia

Cje

Cje

The thread was moved to lenormand because you asking for the meaning or how to interpret certain cards in specific positions. i hope people here can help you with this.

Thanks

Cacia
Lenromand moderator

Joon

Traditionally cards 28 and 29 are the querent and partner cards. I use the partner card as "significant other" in a broad sense. E.g., as a single woman who lives with her aging father, I read the Gent as my father. I expect any other people to show up as court cards or Rider, Dog, Snake.

My suggestion is that you have a think about what you expect from the cards with regard to people and read that way consistently until/unless your feedback loop shows you that isn't working; adjust then, if needed.

For me, when reading for myself, the Lady can only mean me. When reading for a querent, the appropriate card (28 or 29) can only mean the querent.

cje

Traditionally cards 28 and 29 are the querent and partner cards. I use the partner card as "significant other" in a broad sense. E.g., as a single woman who lives with her aging father, I read the Gent as my father. I expect any other people to show up as court cards or Rider, Dog, Snake.

My suggestion is that you have a think about what you expect from the cards with regard to people and read that way consistently until/unless your feedback loop shows you that isn't working; adjust then, if needed.

For me, when reading for myself, the Lady can only mean me. When reading for a querent, the appropriate card (28 or 29) can only mean the querent.

Thanks. I do look at 28/29 the same way, but since I'm single, I wasn't sure what the man/gent referred to.
Could man/gent also refer to a guy I'm thinking about, but not in my life (yet)? What I mean by that is that I have been thinking a lot about a man this past few weeks that I hope/wish to see again, but he hasn't actually shown up or contacted me....so maybe it referred to my thinking/energy towards that man?
Just wondering...going through my reading of November and a lot I read was pretty accurate, except for my wishful-thinking-man-relationship ;)

All excited to do another GT for December :)
Thanks for your feedback
cje

Sharla

Thanks. I do look at 28/29 the same way, but since I'm single, I wasn't sure what the man/gent referred to.
Could man/gent also refer to a guy I'm thinking about, but not in my life (yet)? What I mean by that is that I have been thinking a lot about a man this past few weeks that I hope/wish to see again, but he hasn't actually shown up or contacted me....so maybe it referred to my thinking/energy towards that man?
Just wondering...going through my reading of November and a lot I read was pretty accurate, except for my wishful-thinking-man-relationship ;)

All excited to do another GT for December :)
Thanks for your feedback
cje

The cards around the man...and how he connected with you (lady) in the GT, would have given you an idea of who he was.

Im single and in my past GT's man sometimes came out as a male friend of mine...because he was sometimes in the house of dog, or he was connected with dog in someway and then connected with me through knighting or mirroring etc.

So what house was he in ? What card did he mirror ? What was in the house of man (28)?

Did you and the mans cards connect ? etc etc.......if none of these, then he could just be the postman :laugh:

Joon

So, I am a bit in a minority here, as I would not advise with cards 28 or 29 to look to surrounding cards to see who they represent in a spread.

With a question regarding the specific "guy I'm thinking about" - yes, if he were the subject of a question posed and answered by a spread, I would use #29 that way.

But in a GT as a general reading for the month ahead, no, I wouldn't look for the Gent to represent anyone other than a significant male in my life. The question I asked myself was, who is the most significant person (male) in my life that this card therefore represents?

Sharla

So, I am a bit in a minority here, as I would not advise with cards 28 or 29 to look to surrounding cards to see who they represent in a spread.

With a question regarding the specific "guy I'm thinking about" - yes, if he were the subject of a question posed and answered by a spread, I would use #29 that way.

But in a GT as a general reading for the month ahead, no, I wouldn't look for the Gent to represent anyone other than a significant male in my life. The question I asked myself was, who is the most significant person (male) in my life that this card therefore represents?

Is this in response to myself or cje...i'm confused about what your going on about ?

Joon

response to cje

cje

The cards around the man...and how he connected with you (lady) in the GT, would have given you an idea of who he was.

Im single and in my past GT's man sometimes came out as a male friend of mine...because he was sometimes in the house of dog, or he was connected with dog in someway and then connected with me through knighting or mirroring etc.

So what house was he in ? What card did he mirror ? What was in the house of man (28)?

Did you and the mans cards connect ? etc etc.......if none of these, then he could just be the postman :laugh:

Well, can assure you that it is not the postman...haven't seen him in weeks :) lol
My man is in the house of books and has dog above his head....i guess that means he is a friend that is yet to be revealed?
Key was in the house of man....hmmmm....a door yet to be opened?
The line starts with woman then rider......ending with man and bear.....so I guess man mirrors with rider...which means that he is related to a message, or I will get a message from him?

I love this GT...there is so much to explore!
Thanks for the clarifications! đź’•