Cards sitting in their own house?

CosmicBeing

In GT i notice that sometimes a card can fall in its own house what does the indicate...does it just indicate the house energies are strong in the pull?

celticnoodle

I am fairly new to reading Lenormand, and may not be able to really answer this properly for you, but I will try.

As I understand it, The cards that are layed out in the Grand Tableau is influenced by the house it is layed in. So, the heart card layed in the house of rider could indicate news from your boyfriend/girlfriend.

When the card lands in its OWN house--then I would guess this means it makes its own meaning is stronger in its meaning. So, for example in this way, the mountain card in the house of mountain can indicate extreme obstacles and problems for the client.

Hope this helps you.

after posting this, I remembered to look also in the list of things for Lenormand here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=231050

there is a thread already speaking about a card in its own house. It seems that what I wrote above is correct. Perhaps I read it here before and forgot about it. you can see here:http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=172817

Those threads in that forum are really helpful! Check them out.

CosmicBeing

I am fairly new to reading Lenormand, and may not be able to really answer this properly for you, but I will try.

As I understand it, The cards that are layed out in the Grand Tableau is influenced by the house it is layed in. So, the heart card layed in the house of rider could indicate news from your boyfriend/girlfriend.

When the card lands in its OWN house--then I would guess this means it makes its own meaning is stronger in its meaning. So, for example in this way, the mountain card in the house of mountain can indicate extreme obstacles and problems for the client.

Hope this helps you.

after posting this, I remembered to look also in the list of things for Lenormand here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=231050

there is a thread already speaking about a card in its own house. It seems that what I wrote above is correct. Perhaps I read it here before and forgot about it. you can see here:http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=172817

Those threads in that forum are really helpful! Check them out.

Thank you appreciate this.... So say a Positive cards falls in it's own house.. let's use clover, dog, heart, etc.. one of those positive. That would indicate there is a strong influence of [clover-clover] luck and happiness in this person GT or [Heart-Heart] indicates a strong influence of Love in this person's GT...

So the card in it's own house is kinda like how when we read are small pull we may use the center card and the quint to highlight the overall major energy in the pull. The card in it's own house is kinda similar highlighting the major energy in the GT?

So using example above.. if the sitter had let say those two positive cards.. it would indicate the time period or topic the GT is focusing on.. the major energy in the pull is luck/happiness and love?

celticnoodle

Thank you appreciate this.... So say a Positive cards falls in it's own house.. let's use clover, dog, heart, etc.. one of those positive. That would indicate there is a strong influence of [clover-clover] luck and happiness in this person GT or [Heart-Heart] indicates a strong influence of Love in this person's GT...

Yes, I would say this is accurate.

So the card in it's own house is kinda like how when we read are small pull we may use the center card and the quint to highlight the overall major energy in the pull. The card in it's own house is kinda similar highlighting the major energy in the GT?

here you began to lose me - with your first sentence. Not sure what you are saying. However, yes, the card in its own house is highlighting the major energy in the card in a GT. So the heart card in the house of heart would be a major love thing--could be pointing to someone who is very loving, or has a lot of love to give--I would guess like Mother Theresa, the Dalia Lama, (just examples) but you know. Or perhaps TRUE love between a couple. that sort of thing.

So using example above.. if the sitter had let say those two positive cards.. it would indicate the time period or topic the GT is focusing on.. the major energy in the pull is luck/happiness and love?
yep. if clover is in house of clover--I'd say go buy a lottery ticket because your luck is very good! :D

however, keep in mind I am still a beginner myself.

CosmicBeing

Yes, I would say this is accurate.

here you began to lose me - with your first sentence. Not sure what you are saying. However, yes, the card in its own house is highlighting the major energy in the card in a GT. So the heart card in the house of heart would be a major love thing--could be pointing to someone who is very loving, or has a lot of love to give--I would guess like Mother Theresa, the Dalia Lama, (just examples) but you know. Or perhaps TRUE love between a couple. that sort of thing.

yep. if clover is in house of clover--I'd say go buy a lottery ticket because your luck is very good! :D

however, keep in mind I am still a beginner myself.

Sometimes my typing goes down the drain lol.

So the card in it's own house is kinda like how when we read are small pull we may use the center card and the quint to highlight the overall major energy in the pull.

I meant to say "So the card in it's own house is kinda like how when we read a small pull (3 to 5 cards); we might use the center card and the quint (adding up of card numbers) to highlight the overall energy of the pull."

celticnoodle

:laugh: okay, yes, I would say so. thanks for clarifying. :)

CosmicBeing

I'm new to this especially GT so.. still heavily learning..

Now say The gentleman card or The Lady card falls in a house other than theirself.. the house would describe something of the female or male? Right.... like say Lady fell in the house of "CLOUDS" we might say.. "This lady is [house energy -clouds-]"

Gentleman in heart house can indicate There is a male in her life that has love for her.. or the sitter is a very loving gentleman.

celticnoodle

I'm new to this especially GT so.. still heavily learning..

Now say The gentleman card or The Lady card falls in a house other than theirself.. the house would describe something of the female or male? Right.... like say Lady fell in the house of "CLOUDS" we might say.. "This lady is [house energy -clouds-]"

Gentleman in heart house can indicate There is a male in her life that has love for her.. or the sitter is a very loving gentleman.

I'm also new to this--and also to GTs. I haven't been reading with the Lenormand for long. However, I would say that yes, the house the man or woman card falls in would describe that person. So, if the gentleman falls into the house of heart, it could be said that he is a very loving man.

ThtDancerGuy

Hi Cosmic,

I hope I'm not facsimileing what another person has already said (I usually don't read others' comments before my own post to stay original), but what I was taught about cards landing in their own houses in the Grand Tableau is that there is a particular emphasis on that card, on that message and its placement/position in the GT. When this occurs, I also like to seriously take into account the cards directly surrounding it to give it context and influence. Actually, last night I was doing a GT reading for a close friend of mine and the Paths card was in its own house, but unfortunately I forgot the surrounding cards. I knew in that moment (it was in her future, mind you) that it was going to be a very serious, significant crossroads she would arrive at based around her situation, a juncture at which she would have to make an important decision to move forward.

When a card occupies its own house, emphasis is placed on that card. So think of it like a bright, attractive light shining up at you, demanding to be noted for its particularity. If the Paths was in, say, the Birds' house, and depending on the surrounding cards, it might be a decision still (again, given the surrounding cards for context), but it might not be as huge of a decision as it would be if the Paths was in its own house.

Hope that makes sense. :)

CosmicBeing

Hi Cosmic,

I hope I'm not facsimileing what another person has already said (I usually don't read others' comments before my own post to stay original), but what I was taught about cards landing in their own houses in the Grand Tableau is that there is a particular emphasis on that card, on that message and its placement/position in the GT. When this occurs, I also like to seriously take into account the cards directly surrounding it to give it context and influence. Actually, last night I was doing a GT reading for a close friend of mine and the Paths card was in its own house, but unfortunately I forgot the surrounding cards. I knew in that moment (it was in her future, mind you) that it was going to be a very serious, significant crossroads she would arrive at based around her situation, a juncture at which she would have to make an important decision to move forward.

When a card occupies its own house, emphasis is placed on that card. So think of it like a bright, attractive light shining up at you, demanding to be noted for its particularity. If the Paths was in, say, the Birds' house, and depending on the surrounding cards, it might be a decision still (again, given the surrounding cards for context), but it might not be as huge of a decision as it would be if the Paths was in its own house.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Thank you appreciate it. We came to a similar conclusion we also thought that maybe let's say Heart fell in it's on house and Child feel in it's own house... it would kinda highlight the major energy within the GT almost like how some people take the middle card and the quint and say "Well this combo shows the overall energy of the pull.

Some cards are hard for me to read.. because coffin to me indicates depression when around positive cards but around what we deem as negative i usually see it as a very serious illness or an end.