VIONA Lenormand...anyone have it?

greatdane

Thanks to Madame Squee, I have this deck coming my way.

To be honest, it's not usually the type of Lenormand I look for. I don't care for big playing card symbols, collage-type art, modern-looking photos, or verses (as I don't read Dutch, I don't have a problem with verses being on it :), BUT I haven't seen a Dutch deck like this and have a strong tie to the Netherlands and the photos ARE clear. However, I can easily see the images and what each card represents, so....this little gem is coming my way.

Does anyone have it?

I can read with any Lenormand where the images are clear to me, so I'm sure we will get along just fine, but thought was odd I hadn't heard of it til I saw in Trades.

Le Fanu

I only ever used to see it on that esoterik site (the German metaphysical site) or maybe German amazon, but it isn't very well known. I don't have it. Is it photography-based? Not too keen on decks like that, personally. Do you know the Rainbow Lenormand? Not exactly the same style, but also photographic-based and very clear, simple images and also I think published in Germany.

greatdane

That's how I found it, Le F

There is a youtube vid of it. I am also not fond of kind of photo collage decks, but the main reason I got it is it's all in Dutch and the images are clear. I was just wondering how rare it is as I hadn't heard of it, much less seen it, anywhere. I have a tie to Amsterdam and thought it would be cool to have this deck in Dutch.

Miss Divine

I've had it for years, and oddly have only ever used it once or twice.

greatdane

Thank you, IHeartRescues and Miss Divine

Well, as I mentioned, the big thing to me was the Dutch part, that was the big selling point and Madame Squee offered such a great price. And the images are clear.

Normally, I don't want so much on a card, no verses, no big playing card symbols, but it's rare to see a Lenormand deck in Dutch and as long as the images are easily-read, which these are for me, I'm fine. So this will be my one deck that is so not really like any of my others.

I just found it odd that it seems to fly so under the radar and not many seem to have it, or even to have heard of it.

I did go through all the pics of the cards online, there are two vids showing them, but not like there's a lot out there online about them.

It will be interesting to see them in the....flesh...well, paper.

IHeartRescues

Hi gd: Well I hope you'll let us know exactly what you think--in details heehee

And maybe translate a few of the cards? I always wonder what the non-english verses say.

greatdane

:)) IHeartRescues

I don't want to disappoint, but I won't be translating the verses. I don't speak Dutch, which is the only way I would get a deck with verses. Verses are one of my deal breakers for Lenormands as I just find them distracting, but as I don't speak or read Dutch, it won't distract as I won't understand it :).

I will certainly post what I think of the deck when I get it. This deck will be an anomaly for me. If you look at my profile, all my decks are listed. I prefer decks without playing card inserts (small symbols in a corner are fine), no verses or descriptions, and generally ones that are not photos, but drawings. So this deck will go against most of what I look for.

BUT the images are clear and someone close to me was Dutch, so that explains my getting this deck.

BlueLotus

I have this deck; actually it was added to my lenormand collection early on, having been intrigued by its photographic images and I got it for quite a reasonable price from an Amazon seller then. It was published in 2010.

Anything you want to know about this deck in particular? I don't understand Dutch either, but the images are quite self-explanatory as most of the Lenormand images are on most decks, and the size of the cards are larger than that of the regular lenormand cards, almost the size of playing cards. It comes with a LWB, that's in Dutch.

I don't read with it much, and I keep it as a 'collectors' item; but I do take it out once in a while to admire the images, or when I read about it, such as in this thread. ;)

karen0205

Hi gd: Well I hope you'll let us know exactly what you think--in details heehee

And maybe translate a few of the cards? I always wonder what the non-english verses say.

I translated the cards, if you would like an email copy just pm me :)