7 of Cups

Bluezman

Hi,

What would you all see the 7 of cups for "How someone looks like physically" (in reference to a woman)?

Golden tarot was used, heres a picture of the card drawn:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_P739wL-lrq8/RvzzghjBq_I/AAAAAAAAAeI/qYPzRn_anO8/s320/a.jpg

Hmm, personally all I can think of here is:

- One who looks like they have many features/attributes, some good some bad
- One who looks unkept, sloppy, 'lets it all hang out'

Looking at the card itself from the Golden Tarot deck, the woman doesnt look sloppy in appearance to me but instead looks pretty regal, but then again the cape full of those 7 cups is blocking the rest of her appearance. The cape itself with its cups looks sloppy, but the woman doesnt, maybe i'm seeing this wrong?

Any other ideas on what the 7 of cups for "How someone looks like physically" would be?

GoddessArtemis

Someone who has many looks, who changes like a chameleon...you never quite know what their style is!

Someone like Madonna (the singer): reinventing herself based on her mood/state of being.

Cups are feelings, so this person's looks depends a lot on how they feel on any given day, and you can't really pin down their exact look as they're always changing it up.

GA :)

Mellifluous

i got this once - along with the high priestess - for how someone thought of my appearance (after letting him see some photos of me). i posted it here and people said all this negative stuff about it and they were all flat wrong. he actually thought:

- some of the photos themselves weren't good, as in blurry or unclear
- i'm pretty, lovely, etc. (and i know now that he was fantasizing about me even more, from then on)
- he couldn't quite figure out my ethnicity and was curious, but didn't want to ask for fear of being offensive. it remained a mystery to him for a while 'til it came up in another context.

so, that's a real life example for you.

personally, i like this card and always have. in my experience, it plays out positively. it gets tedious (to me) reading all the negative things people want to ascribe to it. my first reaction to it for a question like this is something like, she looks like 'his fantasy' or 'a really appealing, exciting option' or 'something he wants to have'. should've trusted that in my own case. so, maybe it will be helpful to you here.

good luck.

nisaba

Mellifluous said:
- he couldn't quite figure out my ethnicity and was curious, but didn't want to ask for fear of being offensive.
Aha! Bingo! In your case, it was him mulling over the different choices in background he thought you could have had. Mileage may differ for other people.

WalesWoman

Dreamy.

Like all of your fantasies, everything you've ever dreamed of in a girl.

The girl of your dreams.

Mojo Twin 2

Ephemeral and every changing, as in the nature of women is very fluid and hopefully a man will have the perception to see that.

Bluezman

Wow - thanks for all the responses/viewpoints!

GoddessArtemis said:
Someone who has many looks, who changes like a chameleon...you never quite know what their style is!

Someone like Madonna (the singer): reinventing herself based on her mood/state of being.

Cups are feelings, so this person's looks depends a lot on how they feel on any given day, and you can't really pin down their exact look as they're always changing it up.

Mojo Twin 2 said:
Ephemeral and every changing, as in the nature of women is very fluid and hopefully a man will have the perception to see that.

Didn't think of the ever-changing aspect at all, someone who has many choices in appearances, and with cups being involved, its likely a 'what do I feel like wearing' (or looking like) today' -- makes perfect sense!

WalesWoman said:
Dreamy.

Like all of your fantasies, everything you've ever dreamed of in a girl.

The girl of your dreams.

Surprised I missed that aspect of the 7 of cups but you're right on there.

Mellifluous said:
i got this once - along with the high priestess - for how someone thought of my appearance (after letting him see some photos of me). i posted it here and people said all this negative stuff about it and they were all flat wrong. he actually thought:

- some of the photos themselves weren't good, as in blurry or unclear
- i'm pretty, lovely, etc. (and i know now that he was fantasizing about me even more, from then on)
- he couldn't quite figure out my ethnicity and was curious, but didn't want to ask for fear of being offensive. it remained a mystery to him for a while 'til it came up in another context.

so, that's a real life example for you.

personally, i like this card and always have. in my experience, it plays out positively. it gets tedious (to me) reading all the negative things people want to ascribe to it. my first reaction to it for a question like this is something like, she looks like 'his fantasy' or 'a really appealing, exciting option' or 'something he wants to have'. should've trusted that in my own case. so, maybe it will be helpful to you here.

good luck.

Thanks for the interesting story Mel! A lot of great viewpoints there, could see the dreamy/fantasy aspect as WW mentioned, and makes sense with the illlusion that can go with the 7 of cups (he being illuded to your ethnicity).

Mellifluous

you're welcome. hope it turns out to be something good for you (assuming the reading was for yourself)! :)

Jai1216

I'm years late, but I definitely agree with Mellifluous who commented about the 7C being related to photos. The 7C is my photo/graphics card!

If a person LOOKS like the 7C, I would take this is someone who DOES look like your ideal dream or fantasy - which could allude to the person appearing "unbelievably" pretty or perfect looking. Since photoshopping and filter apps are ever so popular these days...it could represent someone appearing "picture perfect."

But again, the 7C still has a quality IMO that might not represent the reality. Take for instance the gorgeous woman who contours her face to make her cheeks *pop*, wears green contact lenses, etc....only to catch her on an "off" day with a chubby face and her natural brown eyes.

Grizabella

I think this could mean a woman who is so uniquely herself that she looks stunning no matter where your when you see her and she's never just a carbon copy of the latest fashion.

We also can't forget that the biggest aphrodisiac is between our ears. There's a ton of truth to the old, old advice an older woman can give a younger one---always leave something to the imagination! If I had to give that kind of advice, I'd say this card would suggest that very advice.