Hanged Man and 8 of Wands

AmethystEyes

Just wondering, what do you see is this combo? Just letting it all go type of thing?

PedroEmperor

One can see lots of things, depending on the question/subject you're working on.

The first thing that comes to my mind is missing oportunities... while you "hang there" (literally :D), many things are going on, the Earth keeps moving, and you may just let an important chance pass you by.

But all kinds of things may be seen in those two cards, according to what you want to know :)

The Fish

Yes, does depend upon the question:

someone got nothing to do will send you a message

being in limbo now, but this will be ending soon with a flurry of activity

taking a new perspective on a message

or a new perspective will get things moving again

The hanged man has always pointed at being in suspension of some kind, which has lasted from three years to just a day, but it'll be a time when it feels as if little is going on and you are just coasting through life. Then 8 wands has meant either correspondance, or something quick, or both. But that is just what it means to me.

linz

And the Question was?

Yes the hanged man taking a new perspective on thing/s.
Wands - Intuitive/Fire - also depends on Deck to some degree and other cards surrounding issue - hope this helps x

queenxofxwands

I guess it depends on the question.... but for some reason this combo screams meditation to me.The relaxation of body and mind, coz we all know that guy looks like he should feel uncomfortable, but hes not, and the rush of spirit and enlightenment that the 8 of wands can bring in such a state.
ummm not that i think screaming and meditation go together in any way ,lol, but you know, it could also mean that you need to do that, scream your lungs out where no one can hear you, it can be mighty relaxing :D Seeing the hanged man in any of my spreads is enought to make me wanna do that anyway.

Firewind17

a need to slow down maybe

If I got those two cards in a reading for myself I would
probably think that I was doing too much or that too much
was going on and that I need to suspend activity as much
as I could. (and maybe spend some time in
meditation to recenter after the rush of activity :)

Vadella

After time being spent understanding an issue will become communicated.

Occultus_Sinn

As soon as I read this, my mind just said "going nowhere, fast" haha, so that's all I've got.

Fostha

DevilishAngel said:
Just wondering, what do you see is this combo? Just letting it all go type of thing?
Giving it all up in order to move f orward. :| Term 'travelling light' also comes to mind.

Artemis8

Hanged Man + 8oW

All of the above are true but I would add: Hanged Man as victim, martyr, sacrifice, and Eight of Wands as "targeted, aimed at". Watch for hostility cards with this interpretation.

Eight of Wands can be love struck too, so this could mean "giving up on love". Or, in general, something skidding to a halt, like the 8oW reversed if you were to use reversals.