21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

fractalgranny

DruidCraft Tarot, The Queen of Wands.

A brunette woman sits in a chair, seemingly staring at her wand. The wand has a small green globe at the base of it. She is dressed in a red dress with goldenrod colored pants on. Beneath her chair an orange tabby type cat crouches, looking directly at the person viewing the card. In the background is a large fire.

thank you so much for joining us! looks like this is your first post in the forum, so welcome to the forum, too!

you know, the queen of wands and i are not always on the best of terms. but this one ... i think i might be able to get used to her ... :)

pequenakid

thank you so much for joining us! looks like this is your first post in the forum, so welcome to the forum, too!

you know, the queen of wands and i are not always on the best of terms. but this one ... i think i might be able to get used to her ... :)

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Vellata

Gilded Tarot, Four of Pentacles

Richly dressed man stands on the balcony tightly holding four pentacles. His hands are crossed and he has turned away from the outside world. In background there's moon and stars visible as well as last rays of the Sun, but he doesn't seem to be interested in that sight.

This is the card I've drawn - Four of Pentacles.

fractalgranny

Richly dressed man stands on the balcony tightly holding four pentacles. His hands are crossed and he has turned away from the outside world. In background there's moon and stars visible as well as last rays of the Sun, but he doesn't seem to be interested in that sight.

This is the card I've drawn - Four of Pentacles.

welcome, vellata! i wish you a fantastic journey with this card!

sladie

21 Ways to Read Tarot Step 1

Steampunk Tarot by Barbra Moore

Knight of Wands

At what looks like an old Egyptian temple, stands a woman with a wand in her hand, at the ready. Her clothing looks very similar to what Harry Potter's Griffindore students would wear. Her hair is long, and straight and her face looks behind her as if someone was following her.

When I went through my deck, I found myself saying the names with a rhyme, it has a very dark gothic feel to it. It's very beautiful and has a lot of story telling detail.

AmberFox

21 ways,Step 01,The Tarot of Vampyres

"The Hermit!"
A dark cloaked figure is walking up a path in a dark gloomy forest within the left hand a staff/lantern that is a light with an open flame. In the right hand a bundle of roots/strings/threads with 6 human skulls attached to them.

In the fore ground there is a wolf/dog with red glowing eyes showing its teeth like its trying to scare some one or something off.

At the right hand side of the card just passed the cloaked figure stands a Celtic cross with a female stone figure sitting on top.

The cloaked figure is walking in rather big steps towards the light at the end of the path.

Wow this was hard to describe this card as simple and brief as possible.
Lets see what step 2 brings me.
BB Amber

Tarot Orat

21 Ways - Step One

Step ONE: Dark Carnival Tarot - The Hierophant

I'm doing a One Deck Wonder with the Dark Carnival and it seemed like a good idea to join this study group! I picked the second of the three cards I drew....it's not entirely comfortable to look at but it has a lot going on.

A toothy, grinning man in a the red velvet coat and black tophat of the circus ringmaster is in the center of the card. His long-nailed hands are outstretched, one hand pointing up and the other down. Six cards (not quite Tarot and not quite playing cards) fly through the air behind him, while one more card is in the band of his hat. Below him, at either side of the card, are two clowns in black and white facepaint; one of them smokes a cigarette, and the billowing gray smoke forms the background of the card.

I am holding, with a bit of trepidation, the Hierophant.

Simonea

Step One - Thoth - Fortune

The main colors of this card are purple and blue, orange and yellow. The outlines are green as opposed to black.

In the middle is a golden wheel with a sun/star in the middle. A sphinx, a monkey and a jackal/snake perch on the rim. The sphinx is holding a sword, the jackal an ankh and scepter like symbol that I recognize but dont know the name of (?), the monkey is simply clinging to the wheel with a smile on its face. The bottom of the wheel has a clenched fist punching upwards. In the background is a triangle in pale purple and a swirly pattern moving outwards from the center of the card. Nine orange lightning rods are moving from the bottom of the card to the top where they meet nine 4-pointed stars. At the top of the card the 4-pointed stars either become yellow bigger more erratic stars or metal "stars" in the same color/sharpness as the sphinxs sword. The stars all join in the middle where the biggest star is sitting.

This is the Fortune card that I'm holding.

fractalgranny

welcome, simonea!

Bohemian Gypsy

21 Ways Step One: Selection

Cosmic Tarot: Sun

A smiling young girl with short, blond hair, wearing a pink top and overalls stands front and center. She is surrounded by lush foliage that hides her lower half. There is a tree to the right with green leaves and a tree to the left that is a little bit shorter than the one on the right that has no leaves. The girl is framed by a pale blue sky in the shape of an arch and a brightly shining sun hangs prominently overhead. A bird can be seen in the air about a third of the way up the left side of the card. A large lake and mountains can be seen in the distance. The left and right top corners of the card are deep blue with twinkling white stars and a crescent moon.

Sun card in the Cosmic Tarot