Pairing Oracle decks with Tarot decks

BodhiSeed

Sometimes the strangest pairings work really well. This past week I used the Thoth Tarot with the Vertical Oracle, and they were very easy to interpret together.

Tigerangel

Normally when I pair a tarot deck and Oracle I go with what my intuition feels right at the time, I'm pairing up my shadowscapes with the Wisdom of the house of night Oracle in INIVEA'S know thyself study group and so far I think they work quite well together.

Zelmira

Most of the times when I do a tarot reading for a client, I pick randomly one of my oracles and paired with the tarot. Last reading I did, I used the Raider Waite (this is the one I use the most with clients, because it is easy for them to see the message) with the Soul Couching Cards, and it worked very well. The SCC made the tarot card interpretations more meaningful and precise.

Zelmira

ana luisa

Hi, Zelmira!!! Wondering whether you feel the Dixit cards could be used with another deck .... :)

It is funny to see that the combos do vary from reader to reader. And it has nothing to do with the type of art. Some VERY distinct styles sometimes get along marvelously. I have used the Voyager with the Victorian Flower Oracle and they were fab together.

Morwenna

Now that I have the Fairy Ring Oracle, I wanted to pair it up with the Sacred Circle Tarot (same creators), but now I can't find my Sacred Circle... :(

Madrigal

I recently finished a couple of weeks with The Wild Unknown Tarot and the Alchemist's Oracle. This was a seamless pairing and I really enjoyed my time with this combination.

LindaMechele

I just got the Waterhouse Oracle and Samhain Deck of the Bastard in the mail yesterday and I can't put them down (Due to these two, I'm so disinterested in all my other decks at the moment that I packed them all away.).

The Waterhouse and DoB have such different art, but they compliment each other well. Plus, they're the same size (I got both in the 2 3/4" x 4 3/4" size), same linen cardstock, and very similar color scheme. Mostly though, they just feel like they are supposed to be together.

Of course I won't know how well the readings go with them combined 'til I learn how to read the Waterhouse, so I'll be immersing myself in that for the near future so I can hurry up and try it.

bleubohemian

I have been loving finding Perfect Pairs! But am having a hard time finding just the right Oracle deck for my favorite tarot, the Morgan Greer. Anyone have some suggestions? Thanks!

Madrigal

I have been loving finding Perfect Pairs! But am having a hard time finding just the right Oracle deck for my favorite tarot, the Morgan Greer. Anyone have some suggestions? Thanks!

I've paired mine with Psycards. The style and historical period depicted are similar enough to make them compatible visually.

BodhiSeed

I combined Gods & Titans and Goddesses & Sirens to make one oracle to use with my Morgan Greer. But if you can't find a deck you like, you might try runes or something similar. Waleswoman here on ATF has an Etsy shop with runes made of cedar:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlaskaLaserMaid?section_id=5340571&ref=shopsection_leftnav_3