What are your favorite scents?

greatdane

Not just for reading, but for just every day use and what situations you use for? Also can anyone tell me their favorite brand of patchouli or a patchouli blend oil? Patchouli oil can really vary in quality. I'm looking for an earthy fragrance with patchouli as the most prevalent scent, but maybe mixed with another oil to wear.

Many thanks,
GD

morticia monroe

The other girls here turned me on to this site,,,it's wonderful. I recommend the imps ears, you get to choose 6 and they send you one or two more little freebies to try. I found my favorite,,,I Died For Beauty. It's absolutely marvelous.

Enjoy looking!!

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html

emmsma

I'm not much for scents as far as wearing perfume, but when I do feel a need to annoint a deck I use Ylang Ylang oil. I find it delish.

(Personally, I can't handle Patchouli. Its ruined a deck or two received in trade. SO hard to remove the odor of patchouli)

And if we are talking incense - sandalwood, and I'll have to look for the name of this lovely Japanese incense I use alot.

greatdane

Ooooooh, THANK YOU MORTICIA AND EMMS!

Gotta check out that link, Morticia! I'm looking for different scents to wear. When I find something I really like, I like to wear, put it on cotton balls and stuff in drawers and basically surround myself in it. I don't really have a "signature" fav now, so Morticia, can't wait to check out the site. And Emm's didn't think about ylang ylang but checking it out. Been awhile since I smelled that.

Blessings on your week,
GD

Sulis

If you want a lovely patchouli try Ava Luxe's Feuilles de Patchouli.
I love Ava Luxe perfumes; she used to have a website but now she sells on Etsy. Gorgeous, hand-blended perfumes that are strong and very long lasting.

Ava Luxe Etsy shop

Ava Luxe Feuilles de Patchouli perfume oil.

For something cheaper but still very nice, I like The Body Shop's perfume oils. I word their Woody Sandalwood all through the 80s and I think I ended up just smelling of it even when I wasn't wearing it. They discontinued it but have brought it back and it's just as gorgeous as I remember: Body Shop perfume oils

greatdane

Oh, Thank You, Sulis!

Obviously you know not all patchouli scents are created equal, so thank you so much for sharing these links! I LOVE patchouli, unfortunately I have been disappointed in some brands in the past.

GD

canid

Bubble gum, banana & coconut! Then gardenia, passion flower & honeysuckle.

greatdane

OK, Canid....

You really have a bubble gum oil? I get the favorite scents things, I love the smell of bubble gum, but wondering if you actually have an oil or something that's bubble gum scent?!

GD

GadgetGirl

I love the following...

Ylang Ylang
Frankincense
Sandalwood
Frangipani

and to wear Chanel No. 5! :D

Sulis

I do like patchouli but it's often very powerful and a bit too hippyish for me. It reminds me of boys I used to know in the late 70s who smelled as if they bathed in the stuff.

I prefer amber as a perfume base and I particularly like Ava Luxe's Ambra Tibet, in fact this thread has just prompted me to go and order a bottle :).