Has your Tarot deck caused...?

RagingAsthma

So I'm sure as some of you are aware, I recently bought my first deck, The Deviant Moon a few days ago.
I got home from work yesterday, and my wife told me the fire alarms in the house were going a bit crazy while she's been home. She said that it would start in the room I was keeping the cards in, but I felt like she was just being...dumb I guess, haha.
I did a few readinds last night before bed in our bedroom, then went to take the cards back into my game-room where I normally keep them.
I laid down, and about 5 minutes later, fire alarms begin going off, we ignore it for the first three tones, then I begin to notice only ONE of the alarms is going off, and it happens to be coming from where the cards are. So I ask my wife, "is that seriously coming from the room they're in?" She says yes in a haste, and tells me to go get them.
So I do, and much to my surprise, after bringing them into the bedroom with me, all of the ringing throughout the entire night, subsides.
So... Has anything like this ever happened to anyone? I think its kind of cool, makes me feel like my deck csnt be away from me, which I really like. But my wife thinks its a little on the creepy side.
Maybe I'm looking into this a little too much, but I dont know.

gregory

I think it is sheer co-incidence.

Since you ask.

tigerlilybug

I say coincidence and the reason I say this is because my smoke detectors go bananas on occasion usually the one in my living room. I'm also a big skeptic so I have a blockage to such events.

firefrost

Change the fire alarm batteries. :)

Sulis

I'd say of course it's coincidence but I'm wondering how you would come to the conclusion that you getting a tarot deck and the fire alarms going wrong could even be linked...
What do you think your tarot deck (mass produced just as books and most other things are) could have done to the alarm system?

RagingAsthma

I'd say of course it's coincidence but I'm wondering how you would come to the conclusion that you getting a tarot deck and the fire alarms going wrong could even be linked...
What do you think your tarot deck (mass produced just as books and most other things are) could have done to the alarm system?

I have no idea. I think it has mostly to do with my wife sticking ideas in my head, haha.

PattyMc

One way to find out...

Put your tarot deck in your car for the night, if you wake up the next morning, go to your car and notice:
The engine still warm
Beer bottles on the floor mats
Radio on heavy metal station
Unknown persons undies hanging off the rear view mirror...

Then yep you have a deck that wants to do things like mess with the smoke detectors :D

Just kidding but you could try putting the deck in the car and see if the smoke detectors continue to go off...

Patty

nisaba

Were you burning toast at the time, or having a puff indoors?

Or perhaps the batteries in your smoke alarms are old. Around here, smoke alarms warn you that they need new batteries buy going off every so often. Forces you to pay attention.

Apollonia

I take a different tack from the previous posts. It could be that you have strong natural mediumship abilities, and that the spirit world has taken notice of the fact that you now have a tool with which to communicate.

Just my two cents--stuff like this happens to me occasionally now, but was happening a great deal more frequently before I developed my abilities, when the spirits were trying to get me to notice their presence. So IMO it's not the deck itself, but it could be someone trying to get your attention.

My advice would be to make sure you have adequate energetic protection around you, and if you feel like doing so, ask the cards about what has been happening. They will tell you if it is just a coincidence or not.

And don't ever let anyone tease you out of delving deeper.

RagingAsthma

I take a different tack from the previous posts. It could be that you have strong natural mediumship abilities, and that the spirit world has taken notice of the fact that you now have a tool with which to communicate.

Just my two cents--stuff like this happens to me occasionally now, but was happening a great deal more frequently before I developed my abilities, when the spirits were trying to get me to notice their presence. So IMO it's not the deck itself, but it could be someone trying to get your attention.

My advice would be to make sure you have adequate energetic protection around you, and if you feel like doing so, ask the cards about what has been happening. They will tell you if it is just a coincidence or not.

And don't ever let anyone tease you out of delving deeper.

Once I get off work tonight, I'll definitely ask the cards to see what's going on with all of this. Like I said, its been a coincidence in my eyes, but part of me is telling me its more than just that... so I'll see if I cant find something out.