Confusion on having multiple decks.

MNL

A friend of mine has given me advice to not use my other deck because there will be conflicts in spirits. She says that the tarot decks might not get along per say and the only way I should be able to use the second deck is if I burn the first or give it away. What are your insights on this topic?
Please and thank you so much.

emmsma

Not true at all. When you are first learning, it may be a bit confusing to use more than one deck but decks are just images on paper. The reading comes from you.

I've been reading for about 35 years and have many decks. Now that I have developed an understanding of the cards, I can read from just about any deck I have.

I wouldn't burn a deck. You can give it away or trade it, or sell it - if you don't like it anymore, but it isn't necessary to destroy it in order to use another.

Metafizzypop

MNL, if there was any truth in what your friend was saying, there's a lot of people on this forum who would be in big, big trouble. I own 50 tarot decks myself, and from what I can tell, that's not a lot. There's others here with more than that, with hundreds of decks, thousands, millions.......and I've never seen mention of "conflicting spirits."

The only conflict I've ever had to endure that involved tarot cards was the conflict within myself when I was trying to decide which deck I should buy next. :)

emmsma

That and the conflict of which will I use today. :)

nisaba

A friend of mine has given me advice to not use my other deck because there will be conflicts in spirits.
I don't even know what that means.

She says that the tarot decks might not get along per say and the only way I should be able to use the second deck is if I burn the first or give it away. What are your insights on this topic?

Well, I've been using Tarot since the 1970s, and for nearly all of that time I've had more than one deck. At the moment I have around 130 of them, and they all get on well. I use different decks, I store them in bunches in boxes and baskets. They don't punch each other up. They don't make a mess. And they all read really well.

What do I think of your friend's advice? I think they've never handled a Tarot deck in their life, and just want to sound important to you.

theboomz

A friend of mine has given me advice to not use my other deck because there will be conflicts in spirits. She says that the tarot decks might not get along per say and the only way I should be able to use the second deck is if I burn the first or give it away. What are your insights on this topic?

people are weird

nisaba

Have a look at this person's collection. I am assured she uses them all. I know I would, if I owned them all. They work for her, too.

Lilianne

Sheesh! Nice if you have a big house or live in a warehouse! It would give me a headache trying to decide which deck to use...I'd need a basic deck to ask the question.

moonswings

I own 50 tarot decks myself, and from what I can tell, that's not a lot. There's others here with more than that, with hundreds of decks

Well that made me feel better. I'm new to the tarot and just ordered another deck. Guess I have lot of catching up to do. I'm only on my 3rd deck. Hahaha!