Letting others touch your decks

Do you let other people touch your decks?

• Yes. I let anyone touch my decks. The more the merrier.

Votes: 56 41.5%
  • No. I will let a querent shuffle, but outside of that, I don't let others touch my decks.

Votes: 23 17.0%
  • No. I won't even let querents shuffle them. NOBODY touches my decks.

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • Other: Please specify

Votes: 35 25.9%

• Total voters

Wings

I choose "other" cause I have some decks any one can touch but my study deck of the moment (changes) is just for me...

light2000

I choose the second, but i don't let only the querent, i let friends also.

The first i couldn't votr because i don't like everyone to touch them, but my friends sure :)

Darkmage

I like to let my sitter shuffle the deck when I'm doing a reading. The only real requirement is that their hands need to be clean--I don't want gunk on any of my cards.

I have quite a few decks that I use for public readings. They're all mass market, though, and easily replaced. I leave all my rare decks at home and generally don't let people see or handle them.

sifdottir

I don't let anyone touch my decks. I'm not as militant as that answer sounds up there.

People have touched them, it does happen from time to time - how can you say no to a friend who asks in a tiny scared voice: "May I pick the deck up, please?"

But I still cringe, when I see it. I think it's a form of germaphobia, though in a metaphysical sense. I don't like other peoples energy mixing with the connection I have established with the cards.

When my best friend cleanses them sometimes as a favor, I actually feel it in my palms.

Ryver

Other

I voted "Other" because I actually don't have the sitter touch or shuffle the deck but I will let friends and other interested people I feel I can trust to touch my deck.

I can't say the more the merrier though, there are some people in whose presence I just simply would never make such an invitation and possibly for hygiene or clumsy track-record reasons, not just energy and personality.

Oh, and some decks are ME ONLY no matter how much I trust or like a person.

liquidhistory

I chose yes. If someone is interested I really don't mind them going through them at all. Granted I don't have any super rare or expensive decks and I keep them in my bedroom so it never really comes up. I probably wouldn't let very young children handle them but I think it's great if someone shows a legitimate interest.

TsukiSei

I chose "other" because I'll let others touch my decks, but they have to ask first.
I hate people with grabby hands!

seedcake

I don't let anyone to touch my decks, even the closest friends. And I don't think it has something to do with energy of any kind. It's because Tarot is like my precious books, I don't let touch them at all by someone else. I think it's not so good attitude anyway and very hard to shake it off.