Tarot software

Luned

Starfish said:
I second Truthsayer's question... Is there a comparable program for Windows?

:TFOOL Starfish

Haven't gone to look at the Mac program, but for Windows you could try:

http://www.orphalese.net/tarot/tarot.htm

This has come up on the Comparative Tarot list lately and people seem to be very impressed with it (I haven't had a chance to download it yet so can't comment personally). It doesn't give you interpretations though, you have to do that yourself. I think it would be handy for anyone here doing the reading exchange or other email readings.

starfish66

Thanks for posting the link, Luned. I'm off to check it out.

:TFOOL Starfish

moonman

Strange

Hi

I've given up e-mailing, the main thing is that the demo is working fine and I just want to test it out.

Thanks

Seb

Lee

I've downloaded the Orphalese program that Luned mentions above. I think it's great. It's a simple program, easy to operate. As Luned says, there's no interpretations, so if you need that, you'd need a different program. I recommend registering it, it's only $12.95, 'cause if you don't, a very annoying reminder pops up every ten minutes.

You need to be aware that before you can download the program, you have to first download a program called ".NET". This is a Microsoft program which allows the Orphalese program to work. It's not a dangerous or tricky thing to install, it's perfectly safe, but just be aware that it's a *large* file and on a dial-up modem it takes about an hour and a half to download, then the Orphalese program takes another half hour. Also, you must have Windows 98 or higher, and Internet Explorer 5.1 or higher.

The great thing is you can scan in any deck you want. I scanned in my Prediction Tarot, and it took about 45 minutes of scanning. Another neat thing is that you can specify the percentage of occurences, if ever, you want reversals to show up in a reading. In other words, you can have reversals 10% of the time, 50% of the time, or any number between 0 and 100.

-- Lee