Spiritual vs Logical Perspectives

jerrissica

I make it a point to NOT ask the same questions to my deck. I rarely do spreads at all, mainly I do card a day draws. I use them as a tool of guidance but not as the end all be all to solve my problems. I believe our decks do show a visualization of our lives internally/externally, but as do most of you i've never believed that they harness all of any negativity or conflict and they are tainted. Thank you all for your insights, they've been very useful, i really do mean that

Trogon

In my personal experience, it seems that your spiritual self, you logical mind, your emotions and your base animal instincts are all just part of what makes you you. The pain from your past will affect not only your decision making, but also your emotional reactions and your spiritual growth. I'm not even sure that a person can completely separate these various parts of themselves. Can you set aside your emotions to make a decision today? Yes, but some half-remembered hurt from the past may throw off a big decision tomorrow because of how something was worded.

I agree that Tarot decks don't accumulate negativity in the same way that certain other items (such as some crystals or stones). But, at the same time, I have felt that there is benefit for me to re-order or even smudge a deck.

The biggest issue I take with the advice given by your friend is the seeming way in which she speaks in absolutes. Spiritual growth is not an absolute. Overcoming past emotional trauma is not an absolute. Nothing about the human mind, to me, is an absolute.