Tabula Mundi Tarot 78 card edition

Babalon Jones

There are still two deck options! One that includes the book and I just added one for just two decks alone.

Plus, I just added some new early bird rewards. I've sent a message to the couple of people who picked anything higher with their options to switch or get a free gift.

Hope this helps!! This is my first time with Kickstarter so learning as I go.

I am so grateful to everyone who backed this project on its first day.
Thank you so much!

Babalon Jones

Also I am seeking advice on ways to get word out. I am an introvert on the MBTI test getting 30 out of 30, so needless to say I am bit of a Hermit. I have only two forums I frequent, this being one, and no social media. Which is great for spending every spare minute of my life doing these drawings and meditating and ruminating and reading to create the image ideas, and good for doing all the detail work of publication, but not so good for getting the word out. Plus my family is pretty small and very divided and not very close, so not much support there. And most of them have no $ so they likely won't even back it, though some will ask for and get a freebie haha.

So if anyone has any ideas at all, please PM me as I have pretty much tapped out the majority of my contacts!

Babalon Jones

Yesterday was my day off so I spent lots of quality time with Gimp adding the card titles and the various attribution symbols. What a lot of work. Repetitive but you can't run on autopilot or you may end up putting the wrong glyph on or getting a humorous (or not so funny) typo. I almost typed Five of Cuss, for example :joke:

So you have to focus while doing something boring and repetitive, (knight of this, knight of that, etc, fire of this, fire of that, Aries glyph Mars glyph, Aries glyph Sun glyph Aries glyph Venus glyph etc), not an easy balance.

Luckily the type of work I have done for a living for years is repetitive, boring, and still requires focus, so I am a natural haha.

I will post an example when I get home tonight so you can see how they look!

starlightexp

I feel the same way about the playing cards on Lenormand decks, they are just time consuming to do and a bit on the boring side but one can't slack because ya might get one wrong.

FLizarraga

Backed. Can't really afford to, but... :)

Babalon Jones

I meant to put this up last night after work, but fell asleep too early! But here they are.

I got all the borders and titles and attribution symbols added so the cards are ready to print. You can see examples of how the cards will look now when printed, in the updates section of the Kickstart. I posted five cards that all relate to each other, so you can see how this deck makes the relationships visible in the imagery.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-nox-et-lux-ed-a-picture-of-the/posts/1225838

starlightexp

I meant to put this up last night after work, but fell asleep too early! But here they are.

I got all the borders and titles and attribution symbols added so the cards are ready to print. You can see examples of how the cards will look now when printed, in the updates section of the Kickstart. I posted five cards that all relate to each other, so you can see how this deck makes the relationships visible in the imagery.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-nox-et-lux-ed-a-picture-of-the/posts/1225838

This may actually be the deck that gets those darn planets to stick in my brain

Tarotwolf

Just backed the project. Black and white with a hermetic slant is my kind of deck!

Babalon Jones

This may actually be the deck that gets those darn planets to stick in my brain
That is the idea.
That is why I titled the video of the court cards "The Memory Palace". The court cards give visual clues to reference the minors of their three decans, while the minors give visual clues to reference the Majors related to their decan, and the Sun card actually doubles as a reference to all of the zodiac decans and what minor is associated.

I actually met one of the US champion Rubiks Cube solvers while designing the deck. He could solve the cube with his eyes closed after just looking at it for a minute and memorizing the steps. He started to tell how he did it using a centuries old technique and was shocked when I interrupted him by blurting out "oh yes the memory palace" and started rambling about how I bet the Hebrew letters or the tarot could be used as the loci. He looked at like I was crazy but we were both geeks for sure. He was surprised anyone off the street would have even heard of it I think, never mind using it in such an odd way!

Babalon Jones

Slow and steady wins the race, hopefully! We are inching towards the goal.
If you want to see this project funded, please keep putting it on your social pages. I am doing what I can on this end to get the word out. I think we can do this!

My next big project is to buckle down and finish the book. Any comments about desired content, please post them here before it goes into the editing phase and I will do my best to consider all.

a link to the Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2084719384/tabula-mundi-tarot-nox-et-lux-ed-a-picture-of-the