Tabula Mundi Tarot 78 card edition

KhonsuMes

I love the Deck.
Pledged for both "full 78 + book" and "Both Minors Versions in special box".

The art is gorgeous, the wormhole idea is terrific, and the symbolic interlinking using decans is just wonderful.

BTW, what font are you using on the card titles? (If you deign to answer such questions). It looks beautifully clean and legible. That goes for the Hebrew and Glyph font(s) too.

(I use fonts for various Afro-asiatic languages in some of my own work / research. Good, legible ones that show the beauty of the scripts is important).

Thank you !!

Matt (KhonsuMes)

Babalon Jones

Hey Matt and thank you very much!

I'm about to send you a PM with a bunch of fonty goodness :)

Babalon Jones

Getting a sample of cardstock that is just very slightly thicker than the stock of the Tabula Mundi Majors and the Rosetta. Same type of stock just a tiny bit heavier to see what that is like. It won't make a brick, it should only increase the height of a 78 card deck by about 1/16 of an inch, making it just about the exact height of the Hermetic.

The Happy Squirrel

Backed :)

I have a funny feeling I would prefer the black and white instead of the coloured version of this deck.

This will be my first Thoth deck.... Whoa...

Alta

Getting closer to being funded!

BodhiSeed

Your detailed, artistic work is simply fabulous. I think the black and white images show it off very well. :) I kept telling myself I could hold out for the color version, but I think I'm going to have to get the majors at least. I can't wait to see the book for this. I have your Rosetta and its book; they are responsible for me finally appreciating and enjoying the Thoth tradition. Wonderful work...

ETA: Well heck, I stared too long at that amazing art and ending up backing for a full deck and book. Just stepped right off into that wormhole. :laugh:

Babalon Jones

Thank you all for helping make this a reality! It is getting really close now, and I am getting excited enough to start thinking on and researching what "special touches" I can add for backers of the deck, and to the deck's presentation itself.

I posted an update yesterday, that gives an excerpt from Book M for the Death card. It is a work in progress so it may expand or change and I have not done the editing yet so bear that in mind, but I am getting more done all the time and I think the book will be pretty good when it is done. It is getting larger than I thought, too, and growing everyday. I have so many ideas I want to include but at some point I'll run out of time and just have to move on to editing and formatting.

The update is also to remind everyone that Monday is World Tarot Day, and World Towel Day :cool3:

A towel comes in handy in the wormhole...

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-nox-et-lux-ed-a-picture-of-the/posts/1238857