Archetype Cards Study Group

INIVEA

So how would you like to proceed with studying the archetypes?
I'm still reading through the Sacred Contracts book, looks like there's some interesting stuff with chakras and creating a wheel, but I just skimmed past those chapters, once I figure out what there about, might be something we could discuss for the study group.

I have 2 of her books coming, I wont get them til after the 5th of October.

Sacred Contracts and the Archetypes book.

Then I'll be ready to continue.

Tomorrow or the next day I will take time and go through the cards and find my 12. but I'll be winging it, without the books. lol

So in the mean time play with your tarot cards, or read your book. it will be a couple weeks before I have mine. I will let you know asap when they arrive, okay.

Tigerangel

Tomorrow or the next day I will take time and go through the cards and find my 12. but I'll be winging it, without the books. lol

You don't need any of the books really to find your 12, I just used the guide book in the deck for that.

INIVEA

You don't need any of the books really to find your 12, I just used the guide book in the deck for that.

Yeah, I had started this back when I got the deck.

So last night I went to finish what I had started. Well Lets say I am unable to finish finding my 12 archetype cards.

I may have to withdrawal from group and cancel my order for the books :(

Tigerangel

Yeah, I had started this back when I got the deck.

So last night I went to finish what I had started. Well Lets say I am unable to finish finding my 12 archetype cards.

I may have to withdrawal from group and cancel my order for the books :(

When I done it I narrowed it down to around 25 cards minus the universal 4, then I read through the light and shadow attributes of each card, I then narrowed it down to 12 cards, so I had to read through again think through my whole life when I have definitely connected with either a light or shadow attribute, I finally got my 8 to add to the universal 4 Cards.

Also there is 6 blank cards that you can associate your own archetype to if you feel you have some that aren't within the cards given, I think you are supposed to write your archetype name in the middle of the card, then write a small description of light attributes on the top of the card, and a small description of shadow attributes, when I was looking at the blank cards I was thinking that cutting out an image and gluing it to the card could also work.

It takes some time to connect with the 8 archetypes you need to find and you do need to be really truthful with yourself through this process, but if you wish to discontinue then that's ok, I think I will still post my findings on here for future reference for anyone who is working with these cards, as I'm finding this quite interesting as too what my sacred contracts are with people in my life, surprise surprise cause what came up for my sacred contract for my partner, trust issues, so I guess this what I signed up for to work through lol.

INIVEA

When I done it I narrowed it down to around 25 cards minus the universal 4, then I read through the light and shadow attributes of each card, I then narrowed it down to 12 cards, so I had to read through again think through my whole life when I have definitely connected with either a light or shadow attribute, I finally got my 8 to add to the universal 4 Cards.

Also there is 6 blank cards that you can associate your own archetype to if you feel you have some that aren't within the cards given, I think you are supposed to write your archetype name in the middle of the card, then write a small description of light attributes on the top of the card, and a small description of shadow attributes, when I was looking at the blank cards I was thinking that cutting out an image and gluing it to the card could also work.

It takes some time to connect with the 8 archetypes you need to find and you do need to be really truthful with yourself through this process, but if you wish to discontinue then that's ok, I think I will still post my findings on here for future reference for anyone who is working with these cards, as I'm finding this quite interesting as too what my sacred contracts are with people in my life, surprise surprise cause what came up for my sacred contract for my partner, trust issues, so I guess this what I signed up for to work through lol.

This is great you have helped me a lot, I can use the 6 blank cards. The idea of clueing an image in the center of the card is awesome.

I will continue with the group :D

INIVEA

Ok I've been working on finding my 12 archetypes with this deck, I think I have finally found my full twelve.

Apparently everyone has these four main archetypes, Saboteur/Victim/Prostitute/Child

There is six child cards to identify with Wounded/Orphan/Eternal/Nature/Magical/Divine.. Child Cards.
1.Saboteur
2.Prostitute
3.Victim
4.Child: Divine
5.Judge
6.Hermit
7.Detective
8.Dilettante
9.Thief
10.Fool
11.Slave
12.Mediator

So this is what I feel I connect with most after going through the deck a few times and being truthful with my self and not how I would like to be.

I finally got the book :D Sacred Contracts, yippie :D

After spending a few days, I think I finally got my 12 Archetypes, These are the ones I connect with the most, and taking into consideration that these have been life long not short term as discussed in the book.

1.Saboteur
2.Prostitute
3.Victim
4.Child: Nature
5.Addict (Smoking, Coffee, Tarot collector, behaviors, etc.)
6.Dilettante
7.Knight
8.Mother
9.Rescuer
10.Seeker
11.Student
12.Teacher

13. Beggar (been the past 5 years)

I found the book most helpful with the cards, gave more insightful information when choosing your 12 Archetypes.

So how would you like to proceed with studying the archetypes?
Whatever way you would like, I am open, I'll let you lead this group. :D

I'm still reading through the Sacred Contracts book, looks like there's some interesting stuff with chakras and creating a wheel, but I just skimmed past those chapters, once I figure out what there about, might be something we could discuss for the study group.

I have the Book now, so lead the way.

I'm finding this quite interesting as too what my sacred contracts are with people in my life, surprise surprise cause what came up for my sacred contract for my partner, trust issues, so I guess this what I signed up for to work through lol.

Okay how do I find out what my Sacred Contract is? could you please tell where to look for the method of how to in the Book please

Tigerangel

Okay how do I find out what my Sacred Contract is? could you please tell where to look for the method of how to in the Book please

I haven't got that far in the book yet, but I asked what my contract was with my partner just used the cards as a normal Oracle for that, I asked what is my life contract with my partner, and just studied the card both aspects and connected more with the shadow, I forgot what the card was now, did it for a few people and it did make alot of sense for me anyway, I'm off work for a week, so I'll be able to catch up with the book and see if there's a good exercise to do, I've been doing alot of deck altering with decks just now and haven't read the book for awhile.

Tigerangel

@INIVEA, Hi just letting you know haven't forgot about the study group, still reading the book, think I will go with posting on how to create a wheel of origin, and working wheel for the first exercises, but I am finding this book to be a hard read, so I may simplify the exercise down abit and I'm also considering coming up with a few of my own exercises with these cards, as I'm finding all the self questioning that's required in the book to be giving me a headache lol, I think learning these cards should be more fun.

P.s anyone who has these cards and what's to learn how to use them more is welcome to add there two cents worth here, as this is an open study group, jump in any time you like with views or ideas.