Wildwood without irritating copyright?

MagsStardustBlack

My friend just bought Wildwood (I have the app) her cards are so beautiful, nice card stock lovely colour tones I really like it but the backs have the copy right on every single blooming card, arrh irritating. Is there a copy without this at all or is it only one publication?

Le Fanu

I have the first edition and that has it too. I suspect all editions have it. I know of other Connections decks that also have copyright on the back.

Better than being on the front, I'd say... <sharp glance at U.S games>

karen0205

I think copyright is sort of standard any more. I have a copy that
has been cropped and the copyright is gone! You might consider
doing that and it would eliminate your issues.

MagsStardustBlack

Yes I could crop however I haven't cropped any deck I own so I'd be worried I'd ruin it.

I just find it totally unnecessary to put copyright on each and every card. And as these backs are black it stands out like a sore thumb.

karen0205

Yes I could crop however I haven't cropped any deck I own so I'd be worried I'd ruin it.

I just find it totally unnecessary to put copyright on each and every card. And as these backs are black it stands out like a sore thumb.

Does the deck come with any extra cards? You could experiment with
black permanent marker and cover the copyright

Fire

Does the deck come with any extra cards? You could experiment with
black permanent marker and cover the copyright

I would advise against that. In my experience permanent marker tends to mess up whatever comes in contact with the paper, if it's even a little bit glossy. Due to shuffling or even storage, the backs of the cards could stain the face of the cards behind them. So... either trimming the deck or trying to get used to the copyrights?

I also have the Wildwood in the mail and I really hope this won't become my first trimming job :))

MagsStardustBlack

Funny - my backs are green... Not that it makes any difference to the matter at hand.
I have an inner ear problem it's possible I imagined the black 😨 😊

Le Fanu

Maybe different editions? Either way, they've still got copyright on both vertical sides

Achlys

That would drive me insane!
Most of the decks I've purchased just have the copyright on the back of the LWB and not on the cards themselves, or at the very least just on one of the extra cards.
There's no editions that don't contain the copyright?
I tried Googling but just got a bunch of irrelevant hits :/
Maybe have it professionally trimmed if you're worried about ruining it?