Old Travelling Faeries thread

sagewriter

I participated in the first Travelling Faeries group (2006) and have just looked back at our log, and I am quite shocked at the readings I made and how they turned out.

sagewriter said:
One more question for the day I think, I wanted an overall picture of my housing situation (I am currently leaving university and looking for a house to rent with my boyfriend, a little scared of whether or not I will be able to afford rent). I received 'She of the Cruach'. My initial feeling is positive, and looking at the colours I see darkness with light in the middle. To me this speaks of my boyfriend and myself being happy and safe in our own little world/house and keeping safe from the dark. This is good, so at least I won't be homeless! Just checking the book (I still have to refer to it for some cards) I noted 'being thankful for what you receive' or something along those lines. So I can't expect my dream house, just one that protects me. That all sounds good to me
The 'darkness with the light in the middle' means a lot now so does the 'being thankful for what you receive' and 'can't expect my dream house, just one that protects me'. Basically we didn't find a house in time and I had to move back in with my mother. It took 6 months before we found a house and we were living 4 hours away from each other that whole time and I got very depressed during this time. (the darkness). I am glad I had my mother to fall back on, I was also able to stay with my dad and with my step-dad during that time, so I felt protected. The light and being thankful refers to the fact that my dog died during my stay, so I got to spend time with her. And when I moved back, my Dad lost his battle with cancer, so I couldn'tbe more grateful for the time I got to spend with him, even if I didn't realise it at the time.

sagewriter said:
I did a 3 card spread today about the next year of my life (I'm in my last year of university, and am a little scared!)

1: What is the best path for me?
2: What problems will I encounter?
3: How can I overcome them?

1: The Singer of the Chalice: Wow, what a coincidence to get that one again! Well at least I know my boyfriend is the right path. With this, I feel the need to care for him like I did in my last post. So taking a year out to get some money seems the best choice. I'm not sure about my career, I may do a reading on that tomorrow to get some more clarity.

2: Epona's Wild Daughter: I'm not very familiar with this card, so I'll do intuition first, then the book From the look of it, I think things may be hard at first, however the owl seems to say that knowledge and wisdom will lead me out of the dark, and eventually I will come out on top, and everything will be much better. The book; ah depression, both me and my boyfriend can suffer from that. We've got to be really careful, I shall keep my eye out.

3: She of the Cruach: I got that in my last post, very weird! This time I see a person in the middle, but in the background I see others. I think this means I can't forget my friends, I need to make a real effort after uni. I get depressed on my own, so need to make sure I'm not alone too often. One of them looks older, reminds me of my mother. I need to make more effort with her. I think I should call her tonight, I don't call her enough.
1: That was true, we are still together and I am currently caring for him while he's on antidepressants.
2: Depression yes! That following year was the worst of my life for all the reasons that I mentioned above: no house, away from boyfriend, dog dying, dad dying, no job etc.
3: The mother bit means a lot. She looked out for me a hell of a lot while I stayed with her. She knew how down I was and tried her best to help me. She was also an absolute rock when my Dad died.

sagewriter said:
I did one last reading with them, which I must admit, I need a little help with!

"What career shall I go into when I leave uni?" - Arval Parrot: First obvious thing would be a career involving communication. Which is weird, because I am shy and hate the thought of talking to someone I don't know? That's pretty much all I got! The book said something about listening being a part of speaking.
kahlie said:
Arval Parrot can be:
- Telecommunications, Psychology, Computer Science, Receptionist/Telefonist, Coach, Teacher, Journalist, Writer and about everything where you stand in front of a crowd talking... or reach an audience.
Jewel said:
I agree with Kahlie, and would like to add that it could also involve a career where you advocate for children, special populations, animals, etc. Good communication skills are needed in those careers, but do not always involve talking to large audiences, much can be done in writing and participating in small work groups. There is also politics you know! *LOL*.
Well as kahlie mentioned a receptionist, and I was one for a week :D kahlie mentioned teacher and Jewel mentioned children and working with small groups. I am now a Teaching Assistant at a Primary School!

It really is amazing how things like that work out. I'm so glad I went back to look through them. It just shows how right the cards/faeries are, even if I didn't fully understand their meanings at the time.

faunabay

That is just soooo amazing sagewriter!! I love going back and rereading spreads I'd done. Sometimes, like these you mention, they just really prove to be spot on!!