Wild Unknown Tarot app!!

IntrepidTarot

Is an app the same?

This sounds great and I am really considering getting this when it comes out on iOS.

I can see people's points about the convenience of having everything available on your iPad or phone, but having never used a Tarot app before - I feel like it just wouldn't be the same in a way? I feel like, for me personally, this may be a good way to become familiar with a deck and maybe for beginners to learn some keywords to associate with cards for starting, but I'm not sure about actual spreads.

Have you app users found that it is a very different experience than reading with physical cards? I just can't wrap my head around it all being digitized... it takes the personal energy component out of it for me. Any thoughts?

kalliope

Well, of course it isn't the same. But I don't think that has to mean it's inferior. :D Everyone will have their own opinion, though.

I love handling physical cards, and the whole process of a normal reading. But when it's more appropriate or convenient to use the app, I don't feel like I'm missing out or that it wasn't a real reading. As long as my mental state was the same as it would have been with real cards, anyway: focused, reflective, & deliberate. I'd also say that apps have their own unique qualities, because the cards can seem to radiate a lot of power and hit you in the gut when their images are backlit by a screen.

As for the energy thing, I'd say that if your personal energy can arrange the cards in a certain way or cause your hand to pick the right ones, it should be able to affect the digital zeros and ones in a random card generator, or be able to affect your finger's movement to choose the right digital card on the screen. In my opinion, it's our mind that has the "magic" in it, not the physical cards, anyway.

But -- you won't know how you feel about it until you try it out for yourself!

kalliope

I just noticed last night that in addition to the specially written interpretations for each card in the Yes/No spread, when a card comes up as "Today's Card," the text has an extra message about what it means for your day. Nice!

Amanda

I got it right after you made this post. I think there was only 1 download listed at that point (probably yours!) :p I like it; interesting artistic perspective on a deck. Simple, straight-forward interpretations.

Ace of Stars

Well, of course it isn't the same. But I don't think that has to mean it's inferior. :D Everyone will have their own opinion, though.

I love handling physical cards, and the whole process of a normal reading. But when it's more appropriate or convenient to use the app, I don't feel like I'm missing out or that it wasn't a real reading. As long as my mental state was the same as it would have been with real cards, anyway: focused, reflective, & deliberate. I'd also say that apps have their own unique qualities, because the cards can seem to radiate a lot of power and hit you in the gut when their images are backlit by a screen.

As for the energy thing, I'd say that if your personal energy can arrange the cards in a certain way or cause your hand to pick the right ones, it should be able to affect the digital zeros and ones in a random card generator, or be able to affect your finger's movement to choose the right digital card on the screen. In my opinion, it's our mind that has the "magic" in it, not the physical cards, anyway.

But -- you won't know how you feel about it until you try it out for yourself!

love. so well put.

Kgirl

Downloaded this and started using it ... love it ... beautifully set out!

Ace of Stars

I just noticed last night that in addition to the specially written interpretations for each card in the Yes/No spread, when a card comes up as "Today's Card," the text has an extra message about what it means for your day. Nice!

Kim Krans wrote the yes/no text and the today's card text especially for the app :)

Kgirl

Just noticed the little icon at the bottom of my tablet next to the clock with my card of the day: Ten of Pentacles!

It's beautiful and it actually totally describes my day ahead!

Pixna

Thanks so much for this thread, Kalliope! And to everyone else for your responses here. I was on the fence about trying the app, and now I've decided to take the plunge! I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces.

One thing that it should be especially useful for is when I'm traveling or away from home and don't want to take the physical deck with me. Kim has said in the past that a mini deck was unlikely, so the app is the perfect alternative (and maybe even better).

Pixna

Does anyone know whether the Card of the Day is unique to each person or whether it's the same card for everyone that day?