Tarot of The Third Millenium - lassen ghiuselen

Thoughtful

Have just been looking at images of this deck. It is certainly a different concept and it intrigues me. This is first deck l have looked at since only using my favourite tarot. l came upon it by chance and the few cards l saw l found very readable, even the 8 cups which appeared at first to be a bizarre rendition.
If you have this tarot l would like to know how it reads for you, do you use it often, if at all, and if so do you read for others or for yourself.

mrpants

This was one of my first Lo Scarabeo decks, got it when it was released as a 78-card edition. I absolutely love Ghiuselev's artwork!! I can't say enough about it. He illustrated an edition of Alice In Wonderland that I've been aching to get for some time as well :)

The deck itself is haphazard. The artist was commissioned initially for a 22-card art series, which the 78-card pack has, and they are wonderful. Might be worth it to track down the majors-only edition for the following reason:

The minors are all over the place. The imagery was selected from some sketchwork and notebooks from the same illustrator, but he himself did not design them. The pictures on the number cards provide a wholly new narrative, completely untraditional, but not altogether uninteresting. The suit of cups is hard to read, indeed. The court cards are represented by grotesque figures, and are darkly humorous. There are fake urls printed on the court cards as well, that add absolutely no reading value to the cards.

All in all, I still love this deck very much, partly because it came into my life at a time when I was rediscovering the tarot and making a serious study of it. I use it occasionally still, especially for very serious matters, and I generally like how it reads. I prefer to use this deck with others, and not for myself. It's kinda like looking at a medeival passion play (minors) mixed with renaissance-heavy statues (majors), and somehow it works pretty well together. A lot of folks do not like this deck.

Le Fanu

I tried with the complete deck - I really did - but it is such a mish-mash - that fragmented medieval market scene with bar codes.

And yet the majors are, without a doubt, among the most beautiful majors ever. I bought the tarocchi d' arte version of the majors only - larger cards, beautiful cardstock and these are among my favourites of any deck. This deck doesn't need minors. I read with these majors a lot. They feel so complete for me.

So majestic and elegant and sinister. They really are breathtaking.

Thoughtful

Thank you so much for your replies. l am rather tempted to buy this tarot. Mainly to use in a teaching tarot circle l will be giving in July. l want to give my people a diverse array of tarot cards to choose from. l know the Rider Waite is the old favourite to learn with, but l feel that giving a choice allows people to work with what they are drawn to. This tarot is so different l feel that it will be interesting to see if someone picks up on it and can use it.

Thoughtful

l have today just received this Tarot.

When l looked at the cards l thought l would never be able to read with it. At first l was baffled by the minors, but having spent the last few hours with it l absolutely love it. This is going to be my very own personal study, reading and meditation deck. It is the type of tarot that l have wanted for a long time, there are so many hidden meanings, and it gets my intuition firing. The energies of the cards do speak loudly to me and the inset Tdm cards are valuable in broadening out the meanings. Very pleased l bought it.

mrpants

So glad you like it!

Metafizzypop

I find this deck nearly impossible to read with, and I like it for that very reason. It's a challenge. It gets the tarot muscles in the brain working.

When all else fails, I take into account the small inserts of the Tarot of Bologna that are on each of the minors. Marseille-style pips I can read. The illustrations add some color. What color that might be isn't always clear, but it's worth a shot trying to figure it out.

A baffling and chaotic deck, and I love it.

Thoughtful

So glad you like it!

Oh l do! It's a wonderful intriguing tarot that is giving me some really useful answers. Mind you l have to really look long and hard to glean it's hidden replies. But it is worth it.

I find this deck nearly impossible to read with, and I like it for that very reason. It's a challenge. It gets the tarot muscles in the brain working.

When all else fails, I take into account the small inserts of the Tarot of Bologna that are on each of the minors. Marseille-style pips I can read. The illustrations add some color. What color that might be isn't always clear, but it's worth a shot trying to figure it out.

A baffling and chaotic deck, and I love it.

Yes l agree, it is a challenging tarot but that is what l love about it, it's so different. l find it so lovely to have a tarot that speaks in it's own voice, and challenges you to open up its secrets. The mystery of it is quite captivating.

theEnigma

I tried with the complete deck - I really did - but it is such a mish-mash - that fragmented medieval market scene with bar codes.

And yet the majors are, without a doubt, among the most beautiful majors ever. I bought the tarocchi d' arte version of the majors only - larger cards, beautiful cardstock and these are among my favourites of any deck. This deck doesn't need minors. I read with these majors a lot. They feel so complete for me.

So majestic and elegant and sinister. They really are breathtaking.

I've been looking, where can I find a tarocchi d'arte version? I was going to join the training forums at long last but......