The Wild Unknown Tarot: study group & discussion

Mi-Shell

Honestly, it's all there in the cards :). I really don't think a book is necessary with this deck.
Yes, absolutely - for someone with a good foundation in Tarot and in general symbology....
:)
You also could look up the meanings of symbols in myth, lore and legends-
- like Fox, Signet, Cobra vesus Garter Snake, to help you with the courts for example...

Winterchild

Book?

I have never looked at the book, I did buy it as it was one rate postage and I was ordering one for a friend, but I wanted to get my own intuition going first. I was studying the cards and saving my thoughts in Evernote, quite randomly. Today I discovered the study group, so I am copying and pasting my thoughts into the relevant threads, and starting new threads where there were none....

I am amazed at this deck.. totally blown away... I can actually see it knocking the Deviant Moon (which I adore) off its pedestal as most favoured deck ever..... although maybe the fact that it is a private press could effect that?

I have found what is for me, the darkest tarot card I have seen to date in any deck in the X of Swords..... that impressed me but it is disturbing and that is a good thing....

I studied the swords from the ten backwards... it has probably effected my views... anyway they are up.. well still have a few to copy and paste but taking a break now! I still have a lot of cars to go but it is the most amazing and growing experience.

Today I ordered a back up..... and I *NEVER* do back ups!!!

So good to be able to share all this excitement and new discovery.

W

Sulis

Welcome to the study group Winterchild... This deck is wonderful isn't it? It's so freeing not to have those RWS scenes :D.

Winterchild

Welcome to the study group Winterchild... This deck is wonderful isn't it? It's so freeing not to have those RWS scenes :D.

Absolutely..... it is almost like the deck was developed to connect with your intuition by some direct route.... !

pickled pixie

I am finding this deck very intuitive BUT I do struggle with the courts, I find myself thinking back to my RWS deck for the characteristics :(

Sulis

I am finding this deck very intuitive BUT I do struggle with the courts, I find myself thinking back to my RWS deck for the characteristics :(

Hi pickled pixie,

A few of the courts have discussion threads but not many. I'd be happy to discuss the court cards with you so just start a new thread and I'm sure people will join in.

Here's the index thread so that you can see which cards already have discussion threads - feel free to add your thoughts to those too: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3352243

Maybe a book on animal symbolism will help - there's one mentioned in one of the court card threads (sorry, can't remember which).

pickled pixie

Thanks Sulis, It's mainly the snakes I'm struggling with and how they represent wands and a few of the cup courts! I'll try and put something in the study group when I get a spare five minutes...not sure what I going to write though as I'm not sure where to start really?
I have read some stuff on Animal symbolism which definitely helped with the Owls :)

PP xx

Sulis

Thanks Sulis, It's mainly the snakes I'm struggling with and how they represent wands and a few of the cup courts! I'll try and put something in the study group when I get a spare five minutes...not sure what I going to write though as I'm not sure where to start really?
I have read some stuff on Animal symbolism which definitely helped with the Owls :)

PP xx

I've just posted a thread on The Mother or Wands: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3580705

And I've moved Lark's post on the Wand Court Cards here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=197335

pickled pixie

Thanks so much Sulis, this helped a lot!! :D I will write up some of my thoughts on the cards soon although it won't be so eloquently put as yours :)

PP x

momentarylight

Having responded to the most recent thread in this discussion group, I decided to look at what has already been done. Quite a lot really and it is all well done.

So I'll quietly go through all the previous threads, having decided that some help with this deck would be good. I'm going to print out all the threads and sit down with the cards.

It is a beautiful deck but I was beginning to wonder about my capacity to read with it.

Thanks for all the work that has been done. :heart: