2 new moons in Cancer

Minderwiz

Fudugazi said:
But I hear astrological effects usually start before the actual astro occurrence. I don't have the PMT excuse - I'm mid-cycle. And all sorts of people around me, who are normally not so emotional, are being terribly so.

You're quite right, lunations can begin to have an effect in the build up to them. As this is a particularly strong one that might account for it. Also try looking at your emotional state at each new or full moon just to see if there's a pattern. My wife certainly responds (adversly) to full moons.

Sophie

Isn't an eclipse a worldwide occurrence even if we don't see it?

Minderwiz said:
You're quite right, lunations can begin to have an effect in the build up to them. As this is a particularly strong one that might account for it. Also try looking at your emotional state at each new or full moon just to see if there's a pattern. My wife certainly responds (adversly) to full moons.
It's unusual for me to be so emotional at new moons - I tend to feel quite focussed and detached at that time, and more emotional at full moons. I think everyone is affected in some way by the moon, just differently!

I've really been taken aback by the number of upsetting emotional stuff happening today - affecting people close to me, friends, family, my SO, etc. Raw emotion flying loose, manipulations, anger - not very nice. Though counterbalanced by a lot of tenderness and compassion too.

Strange.

214red

Minderwiz said:
Sadly it's not visible from the UK as it occurs before sunrise. The rule of thumb with eclipses is that if you can't see them then their power is greatly diminished. Treat it like a strong New Moon.

You can get information on the visibility of the eclipse here:

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE2009/TSE2009.html

and better graphics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_July_22,_2009

I just hope it marks the end of a very difficult personal period

cheers Minderwiz, i was hoping it would have an impact as its in my own sign, and it coincides with my birthday....
i know i cant see it but i felt the last one in a BIG way so am hoping this is dramatic but in a nice way.i do feel like its ominous for me:)

Fudugazi- sorry to hear how its affecting you **hugs**

Sophie

214red said:
Fudugazi- sorry to hear how its affecting you **hugs**
Thanks :). It's affecting my SO even more - everyone is going bonkers in his family, sigh.

Minderwiz said:
I just hope it marks the end of a very difficult personal period
For your sake I do too, Minderwiz :love:

firecatpickles

I am a Cancerian and have felt no adverse effects of this second new moon so far.

However, according to the Kabbalistic/Hebrew calendar, this is *still* the new moon of Leo (Rosh Chodesh Av) ;)

I will let you all know how it tuns out later.

Minderwiz said:
My wife certainly responds (adversly) to full moons.

I feel the same way! Since I am a New Moon baby (born 2 days after a new moon) the full moon affects me much more adversely than the new moon. Perhaps this has something to do with it also.

Minderwiz

Fudugazi said:
Isn't an eclipse a worldwide occurrence even if we don't see it?

Well no it isn't. If you look at the path of the eclipse you will see that parts of the world are unaffected (this is always the case, even with a total eclipse such as this one). The reason is that the shadow cast by the Moon is not such that it covers the whole of even that part of the Earth facing the Moon/Sun.

That part of the Earth that is in night sees no effect whatsoever.

The following article might be useful:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/eclipserules.html

Notice that Deb says that the effect on a person is when the eclipse is on an angle of their natal chart or conjunct/opposed Moon or Sunwith a one degree orb.

My feeling is that there is some effect if the orb is a bit wider but a much weaker effect. If the person is susceptible to new or full Moons, then the effect will be greater than a normal lunation.

I would also think that eclipses that are visible at the place of birth or residence of the person and in a one degree orb are more powerful than those where the eclipse happens on the other side of the Earth.

Now that latter bit is my surmise, not something I can prove with evidence.

I've also noticed that for the last couple of days my wife is getting very ratty in any convesation (might be my fault) but the eclipse is exactly opposite (within 2 minutes of arc) her natal Mercury. I'll report if this comes to a real climax tomorrow.

Thanks for your good wishes Fudugazi, they are most appreciated

Sophie

Very informative as usual, Minderwiz.

The solar eclipse/new moon is trine my natal Saturn within a couple of minutes. While this is not a difficult aspect, I tend to view any aspect to Saturn - and especially one so close - with circumspection, especially since my natal Saturn isn't all that strong.

My own emotional slump seems to have passed for the most part.

214red

Minderwiz said:
I've also noticed that for the last couple of days my wife is getting very ratty in any convesation (might be my fault) but the eclipse is exactly opposite (within 2 minutes of arc) her natal Mercury. I'll report if this comes to a real climax tomorrow.
dont you know the universal rule MW , women are right and men are wrong...new moon or not...lol
get ready to apologise...even if your not sure why

Minderwiz

Fudagazi,

When did you first notice the emotional change?

As well as ending up trining your natal Saturn the Moon has also by transit, trined your natal Sun and Mercury during today. Again I'd normally ignore a lunar transit but it might well be stronger as it's moving to an eclipse.

Minderwiz

214red said:
dont you know the universal rule MW , women are right and men are wrong...new moon or not...lol
get ready to apologise...even if your not sure why

Oh yes, I know that rule and I already have the response down to a 't'

My wife is ALWAYS right LOL